AN APOLOGY.

Ivon had been feeling love sick since yesterday when he met lady Teresa. Ivon had never thought he would meet a lady so childish, awkward and nervous. All through the hunting game she was fidgeting nervously and kept stuttering. Ivon never knew someone as cute as her could ever exist.

More than that she was incredibly beautiful. His heart was captured at first glance and he found himself thinking about her non stop. He wanted an opportunity to see her again.

"Teresa" he tasted the sweet sound of her name on his lips. It echoed through his silent chambers. Ivon felt the heat crawling to his face. He never thought a lady would make him feel like a fool. Its so weird.

"Your highness" he heard Armstrong's voice outside his chambers and he quickly push away the thoughts and the stupid smile on his face.

"Enter"

Armstrong rush in without a second thought, his eyes were full of worry and It immediately changed Ivon's mood.

"What is the matter Armstrong?" Ivon had already guessed that whatever Armstrong was about to say has something to do with his sister.

"The princess was attacked at the hunting game yesterday your highness"

"What?!" Ivon found himself shooting up from his seat.

Amber was attacked?

His fist clench in rage as he already took a guess on who was behind it. "have you confirmed it?"

"Yes your highness. One of my trusted men saw her sneaking into the palace along with a maiden. She was not even fit enough to stand on her own"

"A maiden?"

"Yes your highness" Armstrong nodded "it happens to be her partner for the hunting game"

"Lady Aurora" Ivon whispered aloud. She probably witness the attack but she is yet to make a report about it. Ivon guessed that Amber must have threatened her to keep shut.

"I must speak with father" Ivon moved towards his princely suit lined up at a corner in different colors. After getting dressed in one, he hurried out of his chambers with Armstrong by his side.

If Amber was attacked that would mean only one thing.

King Ceser was finally making his move to get rid of her. More than ever, Ivon needs to protect his sister.

The king was relaxing in his chambers in his royal night robes probably getting ready for bed and warming up with some evening tea.

Ivon was starting to detest the very existence of his father. Here is a man who just tried to assassinate his daughter freely enjoying a warm evening tea before bed.

An abomination for a king.

"I need to speak to you father!" Ivon began catching the King's attention although the king did not acknowledge his presence yet. Armstrong had waited outside leaving the father and son on their own.

"About what prince Ivon? By the tone of your voice it sounds serious"

"It is a serious matter father. The princess was attacked." He didn't look shocked, nor angry or even alarmed. He looked calm and carefree like he couldn't care less. Ivon went ahead to ask his question anyway "did you have anything to do with that?"

The King merely took a sip of his tea and Ivon waited for a response. Of course the King took his time "someone has to do something about her growing strength. You seat around like a fool and watch her grow stronger. Forget the fact that she is a woman Ivon, she can still take the throne away from you. If the people choose her you will not stand a chance"