64

Chapter 462 Arriving at Qi County

The next day, at dawn, Chu Rong woke up, washed and dressed with the help of Dalin's wife and Xiao Chen, and after a simple breakfast, ordered Dunzi to go to the car.

Dunzi nodded and went down to the backyard of Fumanlou. Not only did he harness the carriage, but he also carefully spread two layers of thick quilts on the low couch in the carriage.

Getting into the carriage, Mrs. Dalin saw the quilt at a glance, and said with a smile at the corner of her mouth, "Oh, that kid is really caring, better than us, I didn't think of that at all."

After saying this, Xiao Chen also laughed, helped Chu Rong onto the low couch, and put a soft pillow behind her. After seeing that she was comfortable, she smiled and said, "Isn't it? I went to Qi County to buy Zhuangzi with my master, and happened to meet Dunzi working as a clerk in the inn."

"Just a few days of contact, it can be seen that this child has a clear mind and a flexible mind. He can guess what to do almost without you saying anything. It's amazing!"

As the carriage started, Chu Rong half-closed her eyes and listened to the chatting of the two people in front of her, but she was filled with admiration.

It was also in a carriage, but compared with the present when coming out of Huangjia Village, the atmosphere is simply the difference between heaven and earth. Compared with the depression and urgency before, now knowing that the children have returned safely, the tight string of the three of them suddenly broke, and what followed was peace of mind and joy.

After being in a trance for a long time, Chu Rong slightly bent her lips and relaxed her whole body, allowing herself to be trapped in the soft and thick quilt.

Peixian County and Qixian County are adjacent, and the distance between the two places is only fifty miles. The carriage did not stop all the way, and because there was a Dunzi who was familiar with the terrain of Qixian County driving the carriage, several people did not enter Qixian County, but in the surrounding area. A village took a detour and came straight to Zhuangzi.

The news that Chu Rong was ill and stuck in Pei County was brought by Zhang Dayong yesterday, and only Huang Shuhai and a few acquaintances knew about it, but the villagers of Xiaowang Village and those craftsmen did not.

Therefore, when they saw Dunzi coming in with a carriage, everyone guessed that Zhuangzi's master had arrived, and hurriedly stopped their work, stretched their necks and squinted their eyes at the carriage.

However, both Chu Rong and Xiao Chen wanted to see the child as soon as possible. Although they knew that the child was fine, it was not as convincing as seeing and touching it with their own eyes. Therefore, the carriage did not stop at Zhuangkou, but Go straight across the fields to Xiaowang Village to the west.

After experiencing the flood, many vacant houses in Xiaowang Village were left unoccupied. The dilapidated ones were unoccupied and naturally no one tidied them up. After Li Dapeng's family and Foreman Zhao came over, a hundred or ten craftsmen worked together, and within three or two days All of them were repaired, and the largest yard was given to Li Dapeng's family, and the rest were lived in by craftsmen.

And Chu Rong also learned from Dunzikou that the children lived in Li Dapeng's house, so the carriage stopped directly at the gate of a courtyard at the entrance of Xiaowang Village.

The craftsmen in the village took Chu Rong's arrival for granted, but Huang Shuhai and everyone in the yard knew about Chu Rong's illness.

After leaving the gate of the courtyard, Huang Shuhai came to the carriage, frowned and looked at the pale and thin woman, as if her heart had been stabbed a few times.