Chapter 32 Visiting Relatives

Start from the beginning

Madam Ani nodded and gave her father a few words of comfort, then led her two sons to the backyard. Ye Yanbai stayed in the front hall, dealing with his father-in-law and his two brothers-in-law.

========

The courtyard where the old Madam lives is a little remote but it is quiet. She is a Buddhist. At this age, she has no other aspirations. She only wants family harmony and reunion so she treats her two daughters-in-law well, no different than her biological daughter.

It's just that the An family has been in decline over the years and the couple has become older and older. The huge family fortune has become a worry and they are afraid that the family will fall apart as soon as they let go.

Although An Chengxin and An Chenglei are brothers from the same mother, they each have families. One lives in the west courtyard and the other lives in the east courtyard. It is inevitable that there will be friction between the sisters-in-law. Not to mention the two families, as the children grow older, they each have their own plans.

The old Madam saw these things and was anxious in her heart.

Although Madam An knew her mother's worries, it's just that as the saying goes, a married daughter is like water thrown out. She was already a married woman, so how could she dare to interfere in the affairs of her two brothers.

When An Qirong married into the Ye family, she was a high-ranking member, so the dowry prepared by the An family was very generous. Although there was an intention to please old Master Ye, An Shihai and his wife also really love their daughter. They were afraid that she would be wronged when she goes to her husband's house, so they supported her.

There is nothing wrong with this matter, but An Qirong's two sisters-in-law are not very economical. They still complain from time to time, saying that the two old people are partial to their sister-in-law. She occasionally goes home to visit and when the old Madam gives her some personal money, she would avoid the two sisters-in-law, for fear of letting them know about it and causing unrest in the family.

Madam An keeps these troubles in her mother's family in her heart. When preparing gifts for her two sisters-in-law, she still chose the best ones.

Although she is soft-tempered, she is strong inside. She is now the wife of the Prime Minister. No noble lady in the capital would be impolite to her. Princess Sheng even called her sister. She cannot act like a petty housewife and bring shame to her husband's family.

After entering the house, the old Madam was asking An Chenglei's wife: "Xueying, Rong'er and the two grandsons are here yet?"

Meng Xueying replied: "Mom, how could it be so quick. They have to talk to Father in the front hall. Don't worry, they'll be there in a moment."

The old Madam said, "That's true. They need to have a conversation. Hui'er was born at the beginning of the year. He will be nine years old soon. I don't know who he looks like, but A-Jin, I heard that he is very handsome. At the Mid-Autumn Festival banquet last year, His Highness, the Crown Prince hugged him and refused to let go. Even the Emperor hugged him personally. This child will definitely be very lucky in the future." As she spoke, she coughed twice more.

Meng Xueying calmed her down and said helplessly: "Please say a few words less and don't tire yourself."

An Chengxin's wife is named Liu Shuyun. She saw this and poured a cup of ginseng tea. She handed it to the old Madam and said: "That child is naturally blessed. His Father is the Prime Minister of the current dynasty and his Grandfather is the teacher of the current Emperor. With such a family background, it is a great blessing. If he is not good-looking, who dares to say a word?"

Her voice was not loud. Just enough to hear clearly outside the house. An Qirong's eyes flashed with displeasure and she squeezed her son's soft little hand.