1. Percy Blows Up the School

Things to add to my list of things to never do again: attend school with Percy Jackson. Unless if you want to become a part of a supposedly repeating cycle of blowing up schools. Let me give you some background if you're new here. I'm Lilly Black, daughter of Hades. Which makes Percy my cousin, and the Greek Gods my relatives. My mom died when I was eight, and I've been bouncing around for a while with my friend, Viktor. He's a mortal, but he can see through the Mist completely. I mean, he fought some of Kronos's army last winter on Mount Othrys. Long story. Percy and I were sitting in Sally Jackson's car, Percy still antsy about starting in Goode High School. Luckily, I had been stuck as a fifteen-year-old for four years, so he and I were going to be in the same classes. Percy had found this hilarious when he realized that he was going to be older than me in a year if the spell stuck. "Oh, shut up, Jackson" "Your own cousin is going to be older than you, how does that feel?" "Percy, I have Apollo and Ares for cousins. They're thousands of years old, you've got nothing on them" "True, but" He waved his hand over my head. "I'm taller" I swatted his hand away. "Sally, can I teach your son some manners?" Sally laughed. "No, sorry, Lilly. Have a good day you two, and Lilly, take photos of Percy's date!" Percy blushed. "Mom!" I stifled a laugh. "Percy, hush. I'm only going to take photos of you if Annabeth wants them. And Chiron's already given me a camera for it" I pulled a Nikon camera out of my bag.  Percy groaned. "Hush, this'll be good for you" "How so?" "One, you're going to a school run by your mom's boyfriend. By the way, Sally, if he hurts you, I will have Cerberus eat him" Sally laughed. "Thank you, honey. But don't worry, I'll be fine. Have a good day, Percy!" "I'll try." 

  "Speaking of my mom, what happened to... to Gabe?" Percy asked. I smirked. "Nothing that wasn't deserved" "Lilly..." "Alright, fine. I may or may not have personally gone into the Fields of Punishment and threatened the Furies into letting me handle him. He's currently in an ever-lasting poker game, boiling in a barrel of beer" Percy's eyes widened. "You... WHAT?" "Calm down, Alecto was fine with it. One benefit of having that bastard for a father" "Have you heard anything about Nico?" I sighed. Nico di Angelo, my half-brother, disappeared from Camp Half-Blood last winter after his sister, Bianca, died. I was supposed to tell him, but Percy got to it first. (At the time, Chiron and Mr. D had to hold me back from storming the Underworld and murdering my old man. Starting to wish I had gone through with it) I had been sending ghosts after him, trying to see if he was safe. Cerberus constantly left the Underworld to come to Sally and Percy's house to give me information about any new shades that had entered the Underworld. (Mind, I had to ask Grover to translate. Unfortunately, I don't understand three-headed-dog. Sharks because of my ex-boyfriend? Yes. Ghosts? Yes. Giant three-headed-dogs? No) "No, not yet. Good news, I heard from Chris about the demigods at Haven and from some of the minor gods. They've already agreed to spy on Kronos for me, false allegiance. Glad that that's out of the way" Percy nodded and then froze. "What-" "Come on" He pulled me into an empty hallway. 

 "What was that about?" "Nothing. Just follow me, okay?" 

      We ran into Paul and some cheerleaders (Never been a fan of their bunch,) on our way to orientation. The cheerleaders seemed to have struck Percy as weird too. We got to orientation with no problem, until she sat next to us. Percy nearly went through the roof when the girl sat next to me. She had red hair and green eyes, freckled skin, overalls, sneakers, and was covered in paint splatters and marker marks. "You!" The girl stared at Percy. "You!" "Enough of the you's! Do you two know each other or something?" "Sort of. She's Rachel Elizabeth Dare" Rachel Elizabeth Dare, I could have sworn I heard that name before. That's when I noticed the cheerleaders who had been with Paul acting strange. "Percy, Rachel, we need to run" "Why?" "Trust me, you do not want to know" We ran out of the auditorium. "You think you recognize my name?" Rachel asked, running alongside Percy. "Maybe. I think my mom knew a Dare in high school, I don't know. Just keep running" We ran into an empty room and slammed the doors. "What was that about?" Rachel asked Percy, her hands on her hips. "I can't-" "Percy, you've met her before, and I'm going to go ahead and guess it was at the Hoover Dam last winter, right?" Rachel nodded. "He nearly killed me with his sword. And then these skeletons came after us-" "Skeletons? You saw them?" Rachel nodded. "So, you're like my mom, Sally, and Viktor. You can see through the Mist" "What?" "The Mist. It's what shields our world from the mortal world. You're one of the few mortals who can see through it" That's when the doors flew open. Two empousa cheerleaders, the ones with Paul stood in the doorway. Kelli and Tammi, neither of whom I liked. Percy uncapped Riptide. "Don't kill them" I said, stepping in front of him. "They're monsters" "I know, but they also work for Luke and Kronos, so we can use them for information. Leave them be." 

     The empousa took a step back. "Why would you spare us, demigod?" Tammi asked. I sighed. "There's no point in spilling blood that isn't necessary. Yours and Kelli's deaths would not do us any good as you'll just revive later on. Might as well keep you alive, less problems for us in the future" Kelli looked surprised. "But you are a child of Hades, there can only be death" I shook my head.  "My fathers never cared about me, so I don't abide by his rules. Here's the deal. Make it look like you put up a fight, and one of you got killed. I have some spared monster remains, and you can rip off some of your outfit to really sell the look. But when we're out of here-" SMASH. A giant hole was in the wall, Percy standing next to it. "WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Rachel yelled. "He made the pipes burst. Let's go" I turned back to Tammi and Kelli. "Remember what I said. Get to Camp Half-Blood and wait outside the cabin closest to the Big House. It's made of gray marble and amethysts. Wait there, and I'll be by in a bit. We can discuss what to do from there." I gave the school one final look. "Hope Paul wasn't planning on letting us stay here full-time" I dove out the hole after Percy right before Paul and the staff came running in. "Lilly, Percy, what happened?"