7. The Rivers Rise

"What... the Hades happened?" I asked, looking down at Manhattan. "Hecate and Hypnos" Viktor said, standing next to me. "They put the entire city to sleep " I sighed. "This is what happens when you don't give specific enough instructions to gods" Viktor nodded, rolling his eyes at the blue lights Hecate was shooting into the sky. Blue lights... "Shit, Sally and Paul" I muttered. "What?" "Percy told Sally and Paul that if he was still alive at the end of the battle, he'd send a blue light up on the Empire State Building" Viktor cursed in Greek and pulled out a six rounder. "WHAT THE HELL VIK?" I exclaimed. "What?" Viktor said, grinning. "If swords don't work, this is the backup plan" I sighed, shaking my head. "Seriously?" "Yep. Now, should I flag us down or just save it for Kronos?" "Option two, preferably. Now, is everyone here?" "Psyche and Eros arrived only a few minutes ago. Everyone's headed to the city to wait for the first attack" I nodded. "Then what are we waiting for?" Viktor grinned. Giant dark red dragon wings sprouted out of his back. "Jealous?" Viktor said, tilting his head at my eagle wings. I groaned. "Whatever. Come on, we've got an army to command." 

   Percy and Annabeth were already giving orders when we got to the street. "Lilly!" Chris said, dressed in full Greek armor. "Hey, Chris. What's the plan so far?" "No plan yet, the Stolls wanted to rob Dyaln's Candy Bar-" "It's the perfect time to do it!" Connor interrupted. "Fair point, but now's not the time for it. Chris, everyone here?" "Yes" Circe said, her hands already loaded with magic. "What are our orders?" I glanced at Percy. He nodded. "They're your armies, you're in charge of them. I'll lead Camp Half-Blood" I nodded. "Alright, here's the plan: Kronos and his armies are going to be entering through all sides of Manhattan, every entryway, every secret route, every shortcut. We need to be on the front lines, keeping them as far away from Olympus as possible. Circe, Kelli, Tammi," They all turned to me. "You all stay with the healers. I'll send a message if we need extra magical help" Celeste sighed. "What?" "You do know that I'll be at the front lines, right?" I grinned. "Oh, I know. How's that bomb you've been working on?" She held up a grenade the size of a pineapple. "Turns everything within thirty feet into scorpions. Still deadly, yes. Easier to kill, also yes" "Also able to be controlled by you, Starlight" Antonio said, his caduceus hanging on his belt. Celeste blushed. "Shut up, Snake Boy" I rolled my eyes. "Back to the war, please?" "Oh, of course, your Royal Highness, the princess of the Underworld" I stuck my sword to his throat. "Thank you. I will now prove my royalty by ordering you to fall on your sword if you make that joke again" Antonio immediately shut up. "Good. Now, where else do we need people..." "Lilly, do you have anyone for the Lincoln Tunnel?" Percy asked, biting his lip. "No, shit. You?" "Sent everyone elsewhere. What do we do?" Then a girl's voice came from across the street. "How about you leave that to us?" The Hunters of Artemis marched down Fifth Avenue. A pack of white timber wolves milled around their feet, and several of the girls had hunting falcons on their shoulders. Thalia stood at the front, her silver lieutenant circlet balanced on her spiky black hair, which in my opinion matched with the Death to Barbie shirt she was wearing. "Thalia!" Annabeth cried. The daughter of Zeus grinned. "The Hunters of Artemis, reporting for duty." 

  Percy pulled me aside while Thalia, Annabeth, and Viktor started to lead the armies. "What' up, Percy?" "When the Princess Andromeda exploded, I visited my dad's palace" I groaned. "Lovely. What has he proclaimed now?" Percy nodded. "He said "Remember the rivers". So I need you to come with me, give Annabeth and Viktor a little break" I sighed. "Fine. But if you somehow manage to insult them, I'm not pulling you out of any trouble."

   Of all the rivers to insult, why the Hudson and East ones? 

  I had never been gladder that both of us bore the Curse of Achillies. Hudson and East couldn't do anything to us. "Ugh, now how do we kill them?" Hudson grumbled. "How about you don't kill us and listen to the actual blasted son of Poseidon?" "Kid, you British or something?" "I lived in London for two years. The accent rubbed off on me, nothing more" "Viktor's the only one who actually had the accent though" Percy said. "Jackson, focus!" I said, turning red. "Right. And why should we listen to you? We know Jackson's name, what's yours?" "Does the name 'Lilly Black' ring a bell?" Hudson just about jumped out of his waters. "YOU?!" "Me. How you doing, Hudson?" "Not so well, if you haven't noticed" "Well, then maybe take Percy's deal. It's a win for everyone. You get clean, and we don't have to fight a boatful of hellhounds. I'll even throw in something of my own" I pulled a conch out of my pocket. "One single conch from Key West. Enough to cause a tsunami that could cover from here to the very west point of Canada. Enough power," I waved the conch in front of their faces. "To keep two gods from getting a taste of Kronos's wrath in the coming battle" East tried to grab it, but I snatched the conch away. "Take Percy's deal, and the conch is yours" "Fine" Hudson said. "I was going to take it anyway. Pollution free waters? Thank you!" I smirked, tossing him the conch. 

  "How did you know that would work?" Percy asked. "Easy. Hudson and I have a history due to one of my previous wars, no big deal. I just dumped a few bodies in there." I said, smirking. Percy just stared.