"You are quite a soul reader yourself, Edward," Aro said with a meaningful smile toward the man. He glanced at the human again, "Though you can't read Bella's thoughts. Fascinating. I would love to see if you are an exception to my gifts, as well." He said as he backed away from Edward. He stood still and looked toward Bella, "Would you do me the honor?" he asked, extending his hand.

Bella hesitantly stepped forward. The fear was evident to all, but she still reached for Aro's hand. As soon as the contact was made, Aro pulled her toward himself to better grasp her hand as he brought his other hand over to cover it. He bowed his head as though attempting to concentrate more intensely on her thoughts.

But Aro's head soon shot up in surprise, "Interesting. Hmm. I see nothing," he said with a hint of annoyance. When he turned back toward the thrones, Serafina could see a flash of anger in his eyes, "I wonder if," he began before spinning around back to the others, "Let us see if she's immune to all our powers. Shall we, Jane?" he finished while turning to look to the young girl with a smile.

The twins had been patiently watching the whole ordeal. They were attentive whenever Aro spoke. Only awaiting orders that might be given, once received, they would carry them out immediately. The twins calmly turned to look at the group. Jane had a particular smile at the corner of her lips she tried to hide.

"No!" Edward suddenly growled while charging toward the girl.

Serafina quickly moved from beside Marcus' throne and sped toward the girl in case she had to beat her brother. She couldn't kill him after all. But soon, she heard "Pain" from Jane, and Edward stood still as he dealt with her attack.

The kings found satisfaction in her attempt to aid Jane but did not comment as they gave each other knowing looks.

Serafina relaxed as she casually slung her arm around the girl's shoulder. She watched as her brother looked to be having a seizure in place due to the pain, "You're getting better at this." She commented appreciatively in a whisper to the girl who could no longer hide her smile.

"Stop! Stop! Please stop!" Bella begged just as Edward couldn't hold off the pain anymore and fell to the ground.

Alec sped to the human girl to keep her still. But Alice made her way to check on Edward on the ground.

"Stop! Just stop hurting him! Please! Please!" Bella continued while being loosely restrained by the young boy.

Seeing how frantic the girl was becoming, Aro turned to Serafina and Jane, "Jane." He said.

"Master?" she replied. Unsure if she would be getting more orders or not.

Edward sighed in relief as he was released from his torment.

"Go ahead, my dear," Aro answered, directing Jane back to the human.

"This may hurt just a little," Jane said with an evil grin.

Serafina held her hand up in the air from beside Jane. She rocked her hand back and forth in place and gave Bella a slight grimace to convey it was about fifty-fifty that it would hurt.