Chapter 1: Is It Over Now?

TW: Relapse Symptoms

One day. 

Snow Potter is fully set up in the med-bay. 

One week. 

Snow Potter is finally stabilized. 

Two weeks. 

Snow Potter is no longer responding to outside stimuli. 

Three weeks. 

Snow Potter may not wake up.  

The damage is too great. 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

Snow Potter is trapped inside her mind. The walls are concealing her away from her thoughts as her body heals. Her ribs are broken, her body is bruised and worst of all: Her soul is crushed. Nothing around her makes sense. She hears the sobs of her loved ones when they come to visit- begging her to wake up, squeezing her frozen hands in their cold ones, their hot tears falling onto her face- But no matter how hard she tries to reach out and tell them she's there, but they never hear her comforting words or screams for help. 

She isn't too sure of what's wrong with her. The doctors are very careful about what they say around her, making sure to never let Snow know that she is not recovering from the trauma she suffered of leaching such a parasite out of her mind. For now- her heart is beating and she is breathing, and that is all the doctors appear to care about right now. 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

"I'm going to visit her," Harry informs, picking up his sweater. Mattheo scoffs, laying back on the couch. Neither of them expected to become friends, but it just happened. "Get up," he instructs, walking over to the spot Mattheo is plopped down on. 

Mattheo pulls his wrist out of Harry's grip when he tries to get him up, instead walking over this his cupboard. "What's the point?" He clicks open a bottle of whiskey, pouring it in a glass. "Snow isn't waking up. I have no idea where Adalie is, so I'll just have to wait until one of those issues resolve themself," he chuckles in a dark tone, sipping from the glass. 

"When Snow wakes up, how do you think she'll feel knowing one of the few people she cares about is killing himself slowly?" Harry spits out, feeling the little liking he has for Mattheo go away. 

Mattheo pauses for a moment, weighing the words Harry says. His lip twitches, as his urge to numb the pain falls to wanting to see his love wake up. In a moment of realization, he throws the glass in his hand into the wall in front of him, screaming out all his agony. He hides his face in his hands, refusing to cry in front of Harry for the 3rd time this week. "Just go," he sobs out. "I can't see her like that," he admits weakly, the tears becoming evident in his voice now. 

Harry sighs, glancing at the door to leave his dorm. He feels himself softening, realizing he has been wrong about him all along. Of course, he realized that months ago, but it is only now solidifying. "Snow's trunk is in my room if you need something to hold you over while you wait," he says, before leaving. 

Mattheo lifts his face up when he is sure Harry is gone, and looks back at his cupboard, realizing if Snow is to wake up, he needs to be the one to help her. She's already struggling enough. Who knows what she'll do to cope? Feeling agony and pain coarse through his veins, he grabs all the bottles of alcohols and all the needles and throws it in a trash bag, refusing to let it cloud his mind anymore. All the Slytherins move out of the prefect's way, seeing his urgency and determination in his stride as he walks over to the fireplace, throwing the bag and flinching at the sudden burst of flames. Some of the Slytherin 2nd years behind him scream in shock, but shut up at a single glance from him. 

"Get out of here!" He commands, and everyone scurries out, praying not to face the fury of Voldemort's son. He falls backwards on the couch, allowing himself to feel all the emotions free of anyone's peering eyes. His eyes are still bloodshot and his face is contorted into an expression of rage and fury as he dreams of all the ways he wants to kill his father. 

╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝ 

Harry slowly stepped into Snow's room in the hospital in a corner of Hogsmeade. It's the same. She is laying down, barely moving and being kept stable my machines and IVs. Inside Snow's head, she's registered that someone has come. 

For the first time, she is able to recognize the voice rather than just comprehending the words. He says a few things, but then holds her hand, simply sitting there. Snow is still confined to the black, barren walls of her mind. She screams, trying to will her eyes to open, her mouth to move, her fingers to move, literally anything to signal to Harry she is with them. 

She punches her wrists against the confined space, doing her best to find a way out. She keeps telling herself that recognizing the voice is a sign she's healing. Snow is out of breath, and she stumbles back, falling onto her back as she hyperventilates at the thought of never seeing the faces of her families. She can't even dream about her parent's, brother's, friends, or boyfriend's face. It's as if she is being punished for all the hurt she's caused them. 

"HARRY? Can you hear me?" She yells out. He can't, but he can hear her heart monitor going crazy as she begins seizing once again. The doctors rush in, surprised to see any movement from the otherwise lifeless girl. 

"Phenobarbital!" The doctor orders, giving the dosage to the nurse. Just as the nurse is about to inject the drug, Snow goes still, confusing the life out of the doctors. They are given an even bigger shock when she sits up and jumps on top of one of the nurses like a barbaric animal, holding onto his neck with an iron grip she didn't even knew she had. 

AHHHH!!! I like this chapter tbh even tho i wrote it all in one day hah-  

What do you think of this slightly different writing style from my normal? (it's barely different lol) 

Let's say a few things: 

- I already know the ending for Book 3... (I have 2 potential ones but leaning towards one) 

- I've known the ending for Book 2 for a few months now 

- The Horcrux thing WILL START next chapter 

- ALMOST 100K ON HATE THE FEELING??? Y'ALL ARE INSANE

- Pls check out "The Raven of the Capitol" if you are interested in the Hunger Games :))