Chapter 33: Can We Recover?

TY FOR 20K reads!!!!! 

Also, ty for all ur votes and comments, they motivate me sm :D  

TW: Potentially triggering to physical assault victims

I approached his crying figure, an evil grin playing on my face as I thought of how I would ravish everything the moment his pathetic soul was gone from this world. The entire world behind me became a blur. No sounds and no movements made their way to my perception as I focused on my one and only target.  

A heavy force fell upon me in waves. A tightening, grasping feeling on my throat that wouldn't quite go away no matter how much I tried to grab for a breath I couldn't catch. I couldn't tell if I was collapsing from anxiety or if this was my body's way to tell me not to do such a heinous act. I realized it was neither when I noticed the arm holding me in a chokehold against their chest. 

I coughed violently, clawing at the arm. The look of pure relief and venom spread on Tyler's face as he saw. Without even looking behind me, I knew it was Mattheo. Through strenuous efforts, I managed to get him off for a second before he wrapped his strong hands around my arms and slammed me to the ground. I was shocked to see tears his face as he pressed down on my throat. 

"I'm so sorry," he wept. I wanted to curse him out, scream about how he was stopping me from getting rid of the problem. Part of me knew that in the morning, I would thank him for stopping me. His tears slipped down from his face and onto mine as the world slowly turned black. "There was no other way to stop you," he tried to explain, as his voice got quieter and my brain got slower.   

╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

You were so close... 

I began to run away. I couldn't fight it anymore. All I could do was run like the pathetic coward I am.  

You let my son stop you? I thought you were stronger than that, Snow. 

His voice followed me, no matter how long I ran and how far I was.  

A cold shiver goes up my spine as I feel a cold presence next to my ear. 

You could've gotten rid of the problem. You could've embraced yourself. 

I turned around to face the ugly form of Voldemort. A relaxed smile was on his face. 

Stop it! Get out! 

He tutted and came closer. 

You're the one allowing me in here! If you wanted me out, I would be out. 

I stumbled backwards, retreating as he came closer. 

I don't want you here! Do you fucking hear me? I want you out! 

He stayed silent, the smile on his face becoming more unsettling as he came closer and I stepped backwards into the unknown. The moment he came to my face was the moment I fell backwards into an abyss of emptiness. Nothing. I felt nothing.  

I sat up with tears streaming down my face. Nothing wasn't a feeling I was given the mercy of having. All I felt was pain coursing through my veins as I sobbed my deranged heart out. Everything came back to me. My thoughts and actions plummeted down and hurt more than the feeling of the torture curse. Every time I relived what I had done, I feel as if I was outside of my body when I was doing the sin. When I felt the slight soreness in my throat, I didn't even feel a tiny bit of pity for myself. 

Warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me into their chest. I needed to stop crying, I couldn't allow myself to be weak. However, it had been so long since I was embraced like this, and it was impossible to hold myself back from him. It needed to end. I needed it all to end. In my weak, almost unintelligible voice, I spoke, "Please stop it." I sobbed even more and he pulled me closer into him. "Let me leave this world, please, I can't take the fucking pain!" 

I felt his chest heaving as he brushed on his hands through my hair. "I'm not ever letting you leave me again," he said, his voice suggesting he was crying. 

Short chapter but tbh im rly proud of this one. ur gurl is back <3

Again, ty for 20k reads ily allllll. And book three will LIKELY be shorter than the 2nd book, maybe about the same length as the first one! 

Predictions for what comes next?