Chapter 27: My Safehouse

TW: Self Harm, Drug Use  

I was rocking back and forth with my knees were tucked into my quivering chest. The darkness of my thoughts deepened the pit in my soul. The walls of the cave became narrower and narrower as I got compressed. God knew I deserved it. I tried whispering comforting words to myself, only to feel as if my entire chest was about to explode. 

"Why did I kill them, why did I kill them..." I kept whispering to myself. The pain in my stomach made it worse and my clammy skin and headache was all jumbling the things I thought about all the lives I unmercifully took... and how much I enjoyed it. The tingling sensation in my fingers wouldn't go away. The urge to be holding a knife wouldn't go away. The phantom feeling of the cutting of my skin wouldn't go away. I didn't want to give in after weeks. Three weeks, I had been clean. All of this would erase my progress. But through all my hot, sticky tears, that was the last thing on my mind. 

By the time I'm done, the cave floor is covered in blood... and so are my shoulders. The pain was excruciating. The cuts were deep and for the first time, I was worried I had taken it too far. I was worried that this time really would be the last time. My tears of sorrow of my old self became more severe at the excruciating pain in my shoulders. My heart ached for who I used to be. The wounds won't close and I'm a stained version of the good girl.  

I scooted a little closer to my other bag, and fumbled out the little bottle of Xanax. My withdrawal symptoms, the pain in my shoulders, the ache in my chest, I just wanted it gone. I took two, and waited for the pain relief to kick in. 

Mattheo's POV:   

All the death eaters were sitting along the table. It was dead silent as we waited for further news about the mission. Fa- Voldemort was on the end of the table, impatiently waiting for Tyler and the death eaters, and hopefully Snow or Adalie. I was only paying attention to myself, not bothering to look around me. 

"Tyler, how lovely of you to join us." Everyone, including me, turned to dazed Tyler, who had a defeated look on his face.  "What happened?" Tyler stayed silent. Voldemort stood up and took a few steps towards him, each step getting heavier than the last. "What. Happened." 

"Adalie and Snow happened. Adalie escaped before my team even reached there. She lost control and killed all of the death eaters there." 

"ALL, of them? You're telling me 15 death eaters couldn't kill one insane 10 year old?" 

My mind froze. Adalie? Killing 15 death eaters. "How is that possible?" I spoke up, not even thinking at this point. 

"Oh, he never told you, did he?" Tyler uttered. I shook my head no, not sure what they were referring to. 

"What are you referring to?" I asked, waiting for a response. 

"Your sister and you have a different mother, obviously. Her mother was a long forgotten witch, a different species. One that was thought to have gone extinct years ago. Adalie inherited a gene from her, but she didn't inherit th ability to control it, unfortunately."  

Probably cause you never taught her, dipshit. 

"That's why we kept her there. A single thing that ticked her off, and she could do unimaginable  things with the blink of an eye. Hell, she doesn't a wand or her hands. She just needs to think of something, and it will happen." He paused for a moment, looking at the shocked glances of some of the death eaters. "She has dark magic in her blood, Mattheo. Your half-sister isn't as innocent as you deem her." 

"But surely YOU can perform that magic, my Lord?" Someone stupid enough asked. 

"I can't perform magic that doesn't exist. It's within her." 

"So, you're saying you're helpless against her?" 

Everyone held their breath. "Think about what you just said." 

"I apologize, my lord," the man said. 

"I'll let you go just this once," Voldemort said with a hiss in his voice. "Anything else to add to your terrible failure?" 

"Snow. She killed them all. She's changed. It's as if there was no remorse in her. In fact, she enjoyed it." 

"What bullshit!" I yelled out without thinking. 

Voldemort gave me a suspicious look. "And why's that, Mattheo?" 

I coughed, trying to think of a deplorable answer. "She's a Potter. They have their stupid morals and god complexes." 

"Well she doesn't. It's as if a switch flipped in her. 20 death eaters, dead in 10 minutes. I barely got out while she called for my blood!" 

Gee, I wonder why she did. 

"Did she use the killing curse?" Voldemort asked, slight anger raising in his voice. 

He shook his head no. "She did this... thing. She used the torture curse one 5 people at the time." 

Everyone looked at Tyler in disbelief. This was completely unheard of. "And she did similar magic to that of Adalie." 

"What?" Voldemort exclaimed with clear shock in his voice. 

"Her wand was on the ground and she used her mind to kill so many people. Her eyes didn't glow like Adalie's, but a surge was going through her, as if something ignited within her!" 

Voldemort turned back around, making his way to his chair once again. "Well, I suppose you didn't completely fail, Tyler. You brought forth some useful information. Everyone is dismissed." 

All of us got up, and majority of the people scurried out. "Except for you two, Tyler and Mattheo, come here." 

We both gave each other a slightly nervous glance, before sitting across to Voldemort. "I've always suspected it," he said, chuckling. 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

He shook his head, before turning his attention back to us. "Nevermind it. You two, your top priority is Snow. I don't care about anyone else. Find. Her." 

As I left the room, all my thoughts went to Snow, my safehouse, the last person I'd expect to kill someone. I don't know who she is anymore. I don't know what's going through her mind anymore. I don't know how to save her anymore. 

THIS BOOK HIT 15K READS YALL ARE INSANEEEE! 

I rly wanna do a 15k special. What do u guys want? (Someone else's POV, 5000 word chapter, flashback of a character, etc) 

Also... this chapter <333 Snow just smashed all the progress to the ground, which is definitely upsetting but realistic sadly.