Chapter 35: The Squad

Short chapter guys! I wasn't able to write for the last three days because in this week of Feb, there are three bday's in a row. Mine, my aunt's, my grandma's, and one of my friends lol. Sorry!

"What do you mean you're joining?" I yell out loud. "Why the fuck would you join Umbitch's  Inquisitorial Squad?" 

He sighed, shaking his head. "Not like I have a choice, she hand picked students. Believe me Snow, I wouldn't join if I weren't chosen." 

"No shit Mattheo, but I'm sure you have somewhat of a say of whether or not you can join." 

"Sadly, we don't." He went back to his charms homework while I was working on my Herbology homework. "Professor Umbridge wants us to make sure everyone is following the rules when it comes to her extremely stupid policies." 

Turns out, Professor Umbitch doesn't think she made our lives difficult enough and decides to get a bunch of wannabe Slytherins (excluding Mattheo ofc <33) to be part of her so called "squad."  I sit next to him and give a small smile. "Eh."  

Mattheo's  POV: 

I was in Umbridge- no sorry, Umbitch's office as Snow would've said. We were waiting for her to come and give us our stupid badges or whatever. Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and some other annoying Slytherins were standing on my left and right side, silly smiles and greedy looks in their eyes. None of them even bothered to make conversation with me. 

Sometimes, I think the children of death eaters are more scared of me than anyone else. And I don't even do anything! 

Finally, after a very long 1 minute wait (such a tragedy), Umbitch arrived. Everyone straightened up their backs as she walked by with a smile, pinning badges on our robes. As she walked by pinning the badges, she started giving us a briefing. "It is your responsibility to make sure everyone is following the rules. Maintain the honor of Hogwarts!" 

What bullshit. 

I need your opinion on smtg: Book 2 is taking place during Year 5. I wanna complete the series until year 7, so should I do year 6 in this book or in a separate one? Pls lemme know cuz im genuinely confused. 

P.S: Sorry for the short chapter! I have a few school applications due in Feb-March that r RLYYYY important and I also have the PSAT to study for so once all that is done, I'll be uploading LONGER chapters.