|| Ashtachatvarimshat: Bridge Of Letters ||

Start from the beginning

As he left the chamber with the same hurry with which he was writing, Subhadra blinked in surprise at his vanishing figure. From the moment she stepped into Indraprastha, it appeared like a maze to her and the confusion increased with every passing second. The queen was reproving him just some time ago in front of her and then suddenly there is an exchange of letters between them? What's happening?

________

"Maharani, you are still awake?' Vaishakhi exclaimed as she entered into Krishnaa's chamber. "I thought I'll give this letter to you tomorrow but... Rajakumara has sent you this letter!"

Krishnaa, who was standing near the window, spun around as she heard her handmaiden's last statement. Did he actually respond to her letter?

"Did you go into Rajakumari Subhadra's chamber to give him the letter?"

"No, Maharani. I handed him the letter when he was out in the corridor."

"Alright." She took the letter from Vaishakhi and nodded her head, indicating the latter to leave.

I know, Krishnaa, you can never be egoistic or anything close to that. Whatever I had done, it had nothing to do with your ego which doesn't even exist. It was about what you mean to me, that you are my queen and even if I make any mistake or fail to acknowledge the same, the truth doesn't change. I hadn't prioritized you during my marriage to Subhadra and that's why I deserve the punishment you have given me. I took this step only to attest that you are my priority and you will forever be my priority. You can consider this act as the start of my prayashchitta. Just the beginning. I know that I need to do a lot more to rebuild your trust. I want to correct my mistakes and make you accept me wholeheartedly.

You are absolutely right about your status too. When even I'm not equal to you, how can my fourth wife be?

But I made Subhadra give up her pride before you as my wife because if you aren't proud of me, Subhadra too cannot raise her head in pride. You may think why Subhadra, why not me? Not just my pride, Krishnaa, but as I have told you, I've given up my everything before you because I'm your husband. I will not ask your forgiveness through my words but through my actions. Subhadra had given up her pride alone. But I've given up my soul to you, Krishnaa, because I trust you more than myself.

- Arjuna

She closed the letter and collapsed on the couch, leaning her head against the headrest, clutching the letter tightly in her fist as she fought back the urge to tear up for the umpteenth time since the dawn of that day. His words and actions, everything was perplexing. Why did he send Subhadra in the attire of a common woman whom he had married for love? No Kshatriya would do something like that! Why did he do it? Why was he sounding like the same Arjuna that she had known twelve years ago but at the same time, his actions were peculiar? What's wrong with him?

He didn't know if he could be trusted or not. He had made many similar promises before but he also ended up breaking them. But she could feel that he loved her, that he still loved her the same and if she was right, he would keep his promises this time. But she didn't want to expect anything from him. She didn't want to hope for anything. She didn't want to dream about anything. It was all in his hands. If he was ever loyal to her love from his heart, he would himself become her expectation, her hope and her dream.

_____

HAPPY NEW YEAR READERS❣
We have reached 1K+ votes on this book! Thank you all for your love!