◦•●◉✿Battle Above the Gods Eye✿◉●•◦

"Suddenly you are okay with Mother going to battle and not only that but the most dangerous battle till now?" Daena asks Aemond.

"Yes." Aemond answers.

Daena groans. "Why?"

"I doubt you will understand the reason." Aemond says.

"She will." Daelys says coming into the room. "She understands what is necessary just as I did once."

Daena smirks slightly at Aemond resulting in him rolling his eyes. "Can you explain to me then?"

"You know what Daemon is like, especially when he is left unchecked?" Daelys asks and Daena nods.

"And he has lost one person after other in a span of three moons. He is dangerous now." Aemond says.

"And you are going to get him under control?" Daena asks looking at Daelys. Daelys and Aemond are uncomfortable and neither know how to answer that particular question. "You are going to kill him." Daena says in a whisper.

"Only if we absolutely have to." Daelys immediately says.

But Daena is no fool and she knows the exact reason for their going to Harrenhal. "Who are you going to keep with me this time?" She asks instead of pressing the matter.

Daelys can tell Daena isn't fooled but decides not to say anything in front of Aemond. "Baela will stay with you until Jaehaerys can come here."

"He won't come until the battle is over." Daena says.

"No, he won't." Aemond agrees.

"Did she believe us?" Aemond asks Daelys once Daena leaves the room.

"She isn't a fool. She knows we intend to kill Daemon whatever happens." Daelys answers.

Aemond takes a deep breath. "She hates us now, doesn't she?"

"Give her time to get over the shock. We will talk to her before we leave. Even she cannot be angry at us then." Daelys sighs.

"She has to be mad to come here." Jaehaerys says when they receive the message of Daelys and Aemond meeting them outside Harrenhal.

"The two dragons are big. Bigger than ours combined. She will not be taking any chances." Daemon explains.

"What if something happens to her?" Jaehaerys asks.

"Then Jacaerys will burn more slowly and he will wish he had given the throne up when he had the chance." Daemon replies, his voice cold and eyes ablaze.

"The realm will burn with Jacaerys." Jaehaerys adds.

"It will." Daemon agrees.

Daelys knocks on Daena's door and enters. "We are leaving, Daena." Daelys tells her daughter.

Daena walks over to Daelys and pulls her in a hug. "Please come back safe."

"I will." Daelys plants a kiss on the top of Daena's head. "I will come back safely."

"Both of you." Daena says her eyes on the door where Aemond stands. Instead of answering, Aemond walks over and hugs both Daelys and Daena.

Soon they have to part. Daena watches as Daelys and Aemond depart. "I wish the war never happened." She tells Criston.

"We all do." Criston says. He glances at Daena once. "I cannot stop thinking about Caron."

"He loved Aegon truly." Daena says. "He will be devastated when he hears the news."

"And I cannot be with him." Criston says.