◦•●◉✿Faking Death✿◉●•◦

Later that night, Daelys makes her way to Aemond's room. There is no one nearby and she quietly knocks and enters.

Inside Aemond is sitting on his bed looking at the fire. "Aemond?" Daelys asks softly.

Aemond looks up at Daelys. The sadness from before comes back on seeing her. "Daelys." He greets her.

Daelys goes to Aemond and sits down beside him, taking his hand. Aemond lets her knowing this may be the last time they will be together like this.

"What are we going to do now?" Aemond asks after a few minutes of silence.

Daelys doesn't answer for a moment. "I don't know." She answers finally. "But I think we will be together soon."

Aemond turns to her surprised. "How?" He asks. "Our mothers will never let us be together after what happened."

Daelys shakes her head. "My mother might, your mother won't." Daelys corrects Aemond. "But that is not how I meant. I meant your father."

Realisation dawns on Aemond's face. "He has always wanted us married." He whispers. For a second Aemond looks excited, but that quickly disappears. "He can't."

"Why not?" Daelys asks puzzled. "Last time I checked, he doesn't care what your mother thinks. He cares about peace and the only way to get that is usually through marriage."

Aemond shakes his head. "That's not how I meant it. I meant he shouldn't. Not with my mother and grandsire there."

Daelys sighs. "We can't do anything about that." She says.

"We can", Aemond says. Daelys raises her eyebrows surprised. "If things escalate both of us will go to Dragonstone." Aemond explains.

Daelys thinks about it. "That might actually work." She says smiling slightly. "But we can talk about it all later."

Aemond smiles slightly. "We can." He agrees. Aemond fully turns towards Daelys and she finally looks at his left eye. Daelys stops herself from gasping out. "Not liking what you see?" Aemond asks darkly.

Daelys quickly shakes herself and gently reaches out to touch his eye. But Aemond holds her hand, stopping her.

"Let me touch you, Aemond." Daelys whispers.

Aemond looks at her for a moment before letting go of her hand. Daelys gently touches the scar on his eye and Aemond takes a deep breath.

Daelys goes to move her hand away but Aemond stops her. "You didn't hurt me." Aemond says.

Daelys gently runs her fingers down the scar. Aemond seems to relax under her touch. Daelys smiles slightly.

"Was that better?" She asks.

Aemond smiles too. "Yes." Aemond replies.

They stare into each other's eyes and both of them lean in at the same time. Their lips meet and Daelys moves her hands around Aemond's neck while Aemond moves his hands around her back.

They stay like that for some time before Aemond pulls away breathless. They rest their foreheads together, both of them breathing heavily.

"You need to go", Aemond says unwillingly. "We don't need you in any trouble."

Daelys gets up. She doesn't want to leave but knows that Aemond is right. She leans in for one last kiss. "Don't leave without saying goodbye." With that Daelys leaves the room.

Entering her own room, she comes face to face with Daemon, a smirk on his face. "What are you doing here?" Daelys asks.

"I don't believe that is the proper way to greet the King's brother." Daemon replies.