◦•●◉✿Helping Aegon✿◉●•◦

The next morning, Rhaenyra and her family flies to King's Landing. When they land Viserys with Alicent and their children are waiting to greet them. Otto is standing a step behind Viserys but near enough to Alicent to whisper something without anyone hearing anything.

"Welcome, Daughter", Viserys greets his daughter while Aemond restrains himself from walking over and hugging Daelys.

Viserys in turn greets everyone and then Alicent starts. "You kept us waiting for two days." She says thickening the already thick tension.

"Yes, we ran into some complications." Rhaenyra answers throwing a warning glance at her son. "But we have sorted it all out."

"That is good to hear." Otto speaks up. "It would be unfortunate if your problems bothered us as well."

Daemon is about to speak up when Daelys puts a hand on his arm to stop him while making sure her hand is not seen by anyone.

Daelys now steps forward to be greeted by Alicent and her children. "Your Majesty." Daelys greets Alicent.

"Princess Daelys." Alicent replies, the distaste slightly noticable in her voice.

Daelys then turns to the others completely ignoring Otto. "Uncles." She greets Aegon and Aemond.

"Nice to see you again, Niece." Aegon says while eyeing Daelys up and down which Aemond notices.

Aemond glares at Aegon when he turns to look at him. "Aren't you going to greet your soon-to-be wife, Brother?" Aegon asks smirking.

Aemond stiffens and steps forward. "Niece." He greets Daelys.

Daelys nods and moves on. It is awkward enough without the scrutinising gazes of Alicent and Otto while Rhaenyra and Daemon glare at tthe two.

"Daelys, welcome." Haelena says hugging Daelys before she can say anything. Daelys is taken aback but quickly hugs Haelena back.

"I believe we should let Prince Aemond and his soon-to-be wife take a walk together." Alicent suggests.

Rhaenyra and Daemon are angry that Daelys is being called 'soon-to-be wife' while Aemond is being given the title of Prince. But before they can say anything Alicent ushers Aemond and Daelys to the garden to let them take their walk.

As soon as they are far enough that those watching won't be able to make much out, they relax. "That was exhausting." Daelys says sighing.

"They are a bit too much sometimes." Aemond agreed. "I am sorry about their treatment.

"It wasn't your fault." Daelys scoffs. "Do Alicent and Otto want this?"

Aemond shakes his head. "From my side only father wants this."

"Expected." Daelys scoffs.

Aemond looks over his shoulder once and takes Daelys' hand. "Put on a show." Aemond instructs smirking.

Daelys rolls her eyes and tries to wrench her hand away from Aemond. "What are you doing?" She asks louder than is necessary.

Without replying Aemond pulls her close. "Putting my mother and grandsire at ease." He replies.

"How the fuck is this putting anyone at ease?" Daelys asks confused.

"They want to see if I can keep you under my control. I might as well give them a show as long as you are okay with it." Aemond replies.

Daelys scoffs before slapping Aemond with her free hand. Aemond looks at Daelys confused and she smirks. "Let go of me." She says loudly again.

Aemond catches on and grabs Daelys' other arm and drags her behind some bushes and away from everyone's view.