◦•●◉✿Rhaena and Rhaenyra✿◉●•◦

Jacaerys walks through the Red Keep to his mother victoriously. But it vanishes as soon as Rhaenyra asks the first question.

"Is Lord Borros on our side?"

"Maybe." Jacaerys answers and cowers slightly when Rhaenyra glares down from the Iron Throne. Jacaerys immediately recounts what happened at Storm's End ending with the proud proclamation that he has killed Maelor Targaryen.

Rhaenyra and Daemon stare at him silently for a few moments. They cannot believe that Jacaerys has killed Maelor even though he knows the full consequences of his actions.

"Do you have any idea of the consequences?!" Rhaenyra shouts at Jacaerys.

"They will declare war." He replies calmly. "Let them. We can get rid of them that much easily."

"It's because of you, we are in this mess." Daemon says. "It's best if he stays silent in these matters. It's clear he understands nothing."

"Daemon-" Jacaerys begins.

"Enough!" Rhaenyra shouts stopping him. "Daemon is right. All you had to do was kill Aegon and Aemond. But what did you do? Keep them alive."

"It was a mistake to free you." Daemon says. "Leave the room. Now!"

Jacaerys looks at Rhaenyra to see what she says. When she says nothing Jacaerys scoffs and goes out of the room. Something about the way he leaves makes Daemon uneasy.

"This will result in a war." Rhaenyra says. "Innocents will die."

"What happens if we hand Jace over to them?" Daemon asks already knowing the answer.

"We have to agree to every condition they give." Rhaenyra says. "Only then a war might be avoided."

"Jace must not be told of this." Daemon tells Rhaenyra and she nods in agreement.

But Jace had been listening to thier conversation and now he knows he has no one who cares for him. When the choice came, his mother chose Daelys instead of him over and over again. He had enough. This was the last time. He is going to take matters into his own hands.

Aemond and Daena sit with Aegon and Jaehaerys, all of them still coming to terms with Maelor's death while listening to Rhaena's screams as she goes through her labour.

It has already been ten hours and the maester and nurses are getting worried which Daelys, Luke, Baela and Rhaenys notice. Luke gets even more nervous. He doesn't want to lose Rhaena.

Soon the Maester asks to talk to Luke alone. Seeing his condition, Daelys comes out with him too. "The baby is stuck inside her, your Grace, my Lord. We can get the baby out but the Mother may not survive."

Daelys looks at Luke, who is close to tears himself. Aemond, who had walked over without them noticing, hears what the Maester says. Bowing the Maester goes inside leaving them out in the corridor.

"Is there no way to save her?" Luke asks, his voice trembling.

Without answering, Daelys pulls Luke in a hug. She notices Aemond standing there. She reaches out and holds his hand. "You need to make a choice, Luke." Daelys says softly. "I am sorry."

"I want to save her." Luke answers.

Daelys and Aemond exchange a glance. Aemond knows exactly what it feels like being helpless and knowing there is nothing he can do to protect someone he loves.

"She should know but I can't..." Luke mumbles and Daelys gives a nod to Aemond.

"I can tell her, Luke." She whispers softly. "Just... be prepared."