◦•●◉✿Driftmark✿◉●•◦

Vaemond is telling the people of Driftmark why they should be on his side when six dragons land behind him. Blaze and Cannibal are in the front and Arrax, Moondancer, Seasmoke and Meleys behind them. The people gathered stare in awe at the six dragons as Vaemond tries to run away.

But unfortunately for him, the guards on Driftmark are loyal to either Luke or Baela or Rhaenys. They grab Vaemond, effectively stopping him from leaving. They force him to watch as Leanor takes Vaemond's place in front of the crowd.

Everyone stares at Leanor. Before, they had just heard about Leanor's return, no one had seen him with their own eyes. Leanor waits for a few seconds letting everyone see him. He looks back at Daelys who gives him an encouraging nod. Taking a deep breath, Leanor begins.

"I know that most of you are questioning if I am really Leanor Velaryon. And if I am, then why did I disappear and, as I am certain my uncle was just saying, why come back now. I am here to answer all those questions."

Everyone in the crowd is silent, listening to Leanor with all of their attention. They haven't forgotten how kind Leanor was to them when he used to stay at Driftmark castle.

"I will begin by reassuring each and everyone of you that I am really Leanor Velaryon. As for why I disappeared... It was because I was unhappy here. I wanted to be free and I knew the only way to do it. And I took it."

A few people start whispering but they are quickly shushed by those around them. Daelys and Aemond exchange a look. This is going better than they expected. They were hoping for people shouting at Leanor for abandoning them. But so far no one has done so.

"I had to come back because of what happened. I couldn't let you, my people, suffer because I wanted freedom. I cannot be happy knowing that I am the reason the people of Driftmark will be branded traitors. I want to stand by you with my son and my daughter." Leanor finishes.

Everyone waits with baited breath to see how the people will react. One by one, they start applauding. "Lord Leanor!" The shout rings through the air too.

Vaemond had been watching without interrupting but now he had enough. He frees himself from his two guards and approaches Leanor. The crowd falls silent as everyone turns to watch the interaction.

"You abandoned them and let them be ruled by a bastard and you think that they will accept you back just because you want to?" Vaemond asks.

"I have already stated the reasons for my actions." Leanor says calmly. "I will let the people decide whether or not they want to accept me, Uncle."

"Do you believe that they will want to be ruled by a bastard? All you are doing is delaying the inevitable. I will have Driftmark." Vaemond threatens.

"Luke is my son and Baela is my daughter as much as Daemon's and Leana's." Leanor states. "They will both inherit Driftmark after me and you will not stand in their way." Leanor turns to walk away as the people cheer but Leanor turns back again. "And as Queen Rhaenyra decreed it, calling her children bastards is treason. You have committed treason, Uncle."

Leanor turns to Daelys and gives a nod. "As my father just said, you have committed treason, Ser Vaemond. You called my brother a bastard-"

"I never called him a bastard." Vaemond protests immediately glancing at the people uneasily.

"I wasn't finished." Daelys says not letting him continue further. "That isn't your only crime. You have, on countless occasions, tried to take the seat of Driftmark from my brothers, you have sided with someone who has usurped the throne and you can stand here and claim to the people that you are the rightful heir to the seat of Driftmark. Your punishment shall be decided here. Now."

The Rogue Princess // Aemond Targaryenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें