◦•●◉✿Daena and Jaehaerys✿◉●•◦

No matter how hard they tried to make sure news about Dragonstone does not go out, rumours still fly around King's Landing. Rumours about how Daelys is on Dragonstone and Aegon and Aemond are being seen inside Dragonstone Castle.

When the rumours reach Dragonstone, they don't try to stop them. It was only a matter of time before the news spread. A moon has turned since they managed to rescue them.

In that time, Aemond's and Daelys' fear that the other will disappear if they look away has reduced a little. Now they can be in adjoining rooms without being afraid of that. Daelys is talking to Aegon and Criston and Aemond is inside their room, he can hear them talking.

Aemond walks over to the mirror and removes his tunic, staring at his scars. He knows that the scars would be present forever and it is only a matter of time before he has to show them to Daelys. But he isn't ready to see the horror in Daelys' eyes when she sees his scars.

Too deep in his thoughts, Aemond doesn't notice when Daelys' conversation ends and she enters the room. Not saying anything, Daelys quickly closes the door and locks it. Hearing the sound, Aemond turns around and locks eyes with Daelys.

They stare at each other for a few seconds, neither of them saying or doing anything. Finally Daelys slowly walks over to Aemond, who is standing stiffly in front of the mirror. Aemond is afraid of what Daelys will say about his scars. No matter how hard he wants to believe that Daelys won't mind them, a part of him is afraid that in the ten years Daelys has changed and won't accept him like this.

Daelys stares into Aemond's eye as she stands in front of him. She gently brings her hands up and cups Aemond's face not paying attention to anything else. She can see the fear in Aemond's eye even though he has hid it very well. He could never hide anything from Daelys.

"I don't care." She whispers softly and leans in and kisses Aemond. Her hands leave Aemond's face and gently travel down to his shoulders.

Aemond's hands immediately fly up to grab each of Daelys' wrists. They separate resting their foreheads together.

"Let me touch you." Daelys whispers. Aemond sucks in a deep breath remembering the last time she said it. He lets go of her wrists and she lets her fingers gently trace the scars. Aemond closes his eye. "Tell me if I hurt you."

"You could never." Aemond whispers taking a deep breath. He is more relieved that Daelys didn't get disgusted by his scars. "Please don't leave."

"I won't. I will never." Daelys promises. She can feel Aemond relax on hearing her words.

No matter how hard Aemond tried to act like he isn't afraid, he is. And Daelys can read every fear he has like she always does. And Aemond knows this very well.

"I cannot hide anything from you, can I?" Aemond asks.

Daelys smiles softly. "No." She answers simply, staring in Aemond's eye. Her fingers are absentmindedly tracing the scars now. Not even realising it, they start leaning in.

A knock on their door startles them. They blink a little confused as to their surroundings, they had been lost in their own world. Daelys' fingers have stopped moving.

"Mother, Father, I want to talk with you." Daena's voice is heard.

"Daena." Daelys groans.

Aemond chuckles a little. "We will continue it." He promises earning an eye roll from Daelys. He grabs a tunic putting it on. Daelys quickly adjusts her hair and dress and opens the door.

Daena enters the room looking nervous. "What are you nervous about this time?" Daelys asks closing the door behind her.

"The same reason I was last time." Daena answers.