◦•●◉✿Strong Boys✿◉●•◦

That night at dinner, Daelys and Aemond sit together as always.

"Why do you keep doing it?" Daelys asks Aemond quietly.

"Keep doing what?" Aemond asks back.

Daelys sighs. "You know what." She says. "Why do you keep going in there?"

"We should continue this conversation somewhere private." Aemond says in a voice which makes it clear that he doesn't want to talk about it.

Later that night, Daelys makes her way to Aemond's room. She knocks on the door and Aemond opens it. After getting inside, Daelys turns to Aemond waiting for him to say something.

"Well?" Daelys asks, seeing Aemond won't say anything.

"What exactly do you want me to say?" Aemond asks.

"I just want to know why you do it." Daelys says taking his hands.

Aemond stares at her then looks down at their hands. "It just becomes unbearable when they keep teasing me about not having a dragon. I hate it and when I do it, everyone keeps blaming me. I'm sick of it! I don't expect you to understand."

"I do understand what it's like too." Daelys says. Aemond looks at her questioningly. "I know what they whisper about me, even though mother doesn't. How everyone believes that I am Daemon's bastard. You have heard what your brother says. I know what it's like. And not everyone blames you."

Aemond gives a weak smile. "Thank you." Aemond whispers leaning his forehead against hers.

They stay like that for a minute before Aemond gently tilts Daelys' face towards him. Daelys knows what he is going to do and doesn't stop him.

Aemond brings their lips together and kisses her. Daelys hesitates for a moment before kissing him back. They pull apart after a minute.

They look into each others' eyes. "That felt nice." Aemond whispers.

"It did." Daelys agrees. "I need to go now but see you in the morning."

"Goodnight." Aemond says. They bring their lips together for one small kiss before Daelys leaves.

Daelys helps her brothers get into their armour. The armours are red and black in colour. They are to practice sword fighting. Since Luke is too young to fight, he will watch what the others are doing.

They walk out to the yard to find Aegon and Aemond waiting for them alongwith Cole and Harwin. Their armour is green and white in colour.

As always Jace and Aegon, and Aemond and Daelys practice sword fighting together. Aemond and Daelys are having fun while practicing when suddenly their attention is caught by Harwin hitting Cole.

"Fuck." Daelys mutters before rushing over and trying to pull Harwin away. Some of the guards come to help her and they are able to pull Harwin away.

"Say it again." Harwin shouts at Cole.

Cole doesn't say anything only smiles and spits some blood out. Daelys looks up and sees her grandsire looking their way. Cole just made Harwin embarrass himself in front of the King.

No more training was done after this and Daelys with her brothers went away to get changed. "What happened?" Daelys asks, taking in Jace's busted lip and swollen cheeks.

"Aegon was able to knock me down. Then Cole kept telling him to hit me which he did. Harwin broke us up and Cole said something like-" Jace stops trying to put it into words.

"That he cares for us like he is our father?" Daelys asks.

"Yes." Jace answers looking surprised. "How did you know?"

"Doesn't matter." Daelys says. "Let's just go." They head off in different directions.

Aemond soon finds Daelys sitting under a tree like she does when she's upset. Aemond sits down beside her and puts a hand around Daelys' shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Aemond asks.

"What do you think?" Daelys answers bitterly. "That cunt said Harwin is our father."

"Don't listen to 'that cunt'." Aemond says. "I don't care if you're a bastard or not."

Daelys smiles at Aemond, the smile he always hopes to see. "Thank you Aemond." She says. "You are the only one to say that."

"Always princess", Aemond says. "I will always be here if you need me."

"I might just hold you to that", Daelys teases. Aemond laughs.

"Go ahead princess", Aemond says. He then turns towards Daelys, serious. Daelys notices it and turns to him.

"What is it?" She asks.

Aemond takes a deep breath. "I love you." Aemond says.

Daelys stares at Aemond shocked. Then her face breaks into a huge grin. "I love you too." She says.

Aemond lets out a relived laugh. "Were you nervous?" Daelys asks laughing.

"Never." Aemond says, looking offended. 

Daelys laughs and kisses Aemond. They soon pull apart because they hear someone approaching. It's one of Rhaenyra's handmaidens.

"Princess, your mother wants to see you." She says. Daelys nods and the handmaiden goes away.

"Looks like I have been called." Daelys says getting up.

Aemond pulls Daelys towards him and kisses her. Daelys giggles and pulls away. "Come down, dragon." Daelys says.

Aemond lets go and Daelys walks into her mother's room. She knocks and enters. She finds both Rhaenyra and Leanor there looking tense.

"You wanted to see me, Mother?" Daelys asks.

"Yes I did." Rhaenyra answers sending a glare towards Leanor. Leanor gets up.

"I will leave you two to talk about it." Leanor says leaving.

"What happened?" Daelys asks, sitting beside her mother.

"He wants to go to the Stepstones. The fighting there has resumed." Rhaenyra explains. "You know very well that my marriage to Leanor is a sham. Now everyone in court is talking about Joffrey. And he wants to leave."

Daelys looks around the room and doesn't spot anyone. But she decides not to risk it.

"What are you going to do?" Daelys asks.

"I don't know yet." Rhaenyra answers. "But we must do something." Rhaenyra also looks around the room. "If we don't figure anything fast, my father will marry you to Aemond the day you flower."

Daelys sighs. "It won't solve any problems." She says.

"Don't worry he won't do anything like that." Rhaenyra promises. "But I need to get to the small council meeting."

"It won't be a problem if I am to marry Aemond." Daelys says. "He isn't the one I am worried about."

"Then who?" Rhaenyra asks. "Alicent?"

Daelys nods. "She won't be happy about it. And she will try everything to make my life hell."

"If she does you have my permission to kill her or whatever you like." Rhaenyra says laughing. Daelys also laughs and Rhaenyra heads out.

Daelys stays and looks after her brother. It gives her a small amount of comfort. After a long time Rhaenyra comes back.

"You're still here." She says in surprise.

"I wanted to get to know my brother." Daelys replies smiling.

"It is getting late you should get ready for dinner." Rhaenyra says.

"Yes, Mother." Daelys says getting up. She plants a kiss on her mother's cheek before heading out.