◦•●◉✿Reunion✿◉●•◦

After taking Dragonstone and putting Aegon and Aemond under care of Maesters, Daemon sends news to Driftmark. Daelys has denied to leave Aemond alone even when the Maesters asked her too. The others are processing that they have been able to rescue Aegon and Aemond.

"So, it's true?" Rhaena asks once she lands at Dragonstone.

"Yes." Luke answers quite disbelievingly. "I cannot believe it myself."

"It seems impossible." Rhaena agrees.

Inside the castle, Helaena paces outside Aegon's room trying to work up the courage to enter and talk to Aegon. She doesn't know what she should say.

"Just go in." Jaehaerys tells Helaena. "There is no point in overthinking it."

Helaena sighs and nods. "You are right." She takes a deep breath and knocks on the door. Waiting a moment, she opens it.

Inside Aegon is lying on his bed covered in bandages. He looks alarmed at the door opening but seeing Helaena, he relaxes again. Helaena notices the cautiousness in Aegon's eyes as he watches her movements.

"Hi." Helaena says at the lack of anything else to say.

"Hi." Aegon replies. He notices that Helaena is still standing by the door. "Please sit." He motions at the chair beside his bed.

Helaena raises her eyebrows slightly as she sits down. "'Please'?" She asks a little surprised.

Aegon sighs. "I am sorry." He says ignoring Helaena's question. "For what I put you through during the time we were married."

Helaena is thoroughly surprised by Aegon's statement and wonders if Aegon is in his right mind. Noticing the confusion and surprise, Aegon continues.

"For ten years, I had nothing to do but look out a small window which only shows a small portion of the sea, talk to Aemond and plan how we will try to escape and wait for the night so that Jacaerys comes and we would see what new torture he had planned for us." He stops to take a deep breath. Helaena doesn't know what to say to that. "That puts everything in perceptive. I know what I did was wrong. And I am sorry."

Helaena stays quiet thinking about what Aegon just said. She reaches out and takes Aegon's hand. He flinches slightly but relaxes even more on Helaena's touch.

"I am sorry that we didn't find you faster." Helaena says quietly.

"It's a good thing I was with Aemond." Aegon mutters. "He wouldn't have let me lose hope."

"He never loses hope when it is about Daelys, does he?" Helaena asks.

Aegon scoffs. "No, he doesn't." He agrees. "And it is irritating sometimes." Helaena snickers a little and a moment later, both of them laugh. "Did you marry again?" Aegon asks after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"No." Helaena answers. "Raising six children didn't leave time for nothing much."

"Six?" Aegon asks surprised.

"Our three and Daelys' three." Helaena answers. "Sorry, I forgot you didn't know. She had twins soon after. She named them Aemma and Aemond."

"Aemond?" Aegon scoffs. "Of course she named him that."

Helaena shrugs. "Aemma looks exactly like Aemond surprisingly. It's like seeing a ghost sometimes."

Aegon scoffs. "I will have to meet them. But first tell me about my own."

"Jaehaerys and Jaehaera remember everything between us. Jaehaerys is still mad at you about it while Jaehaera tries to remember only the good parts. Maelor was too young to remember that much but he still missed you." Helaena tells Aegon.