◦•●◉✿Aemma and Aemond✿◉●•◦

"Don't scare us like last time." Helaena tells Daelys as she helps Daelys get ready. It hasn't even been two minutes that Daelys' has gone into labour. Jahaerys had run out, with Daena, to get the maesters.

"No promises." Daelys smiles slightly but it is immediately gone replaced by a grimace. "Fuck! I thought it will be easier this time."

"It's never easier." Helaena tells her. "Now lie down." With her help, Daelys lies down.

Daelys reaches to her right, more out of habit than anything, but realising what she is doing, goes to pull her hand away. But before she can, someone takes her hand. Daelys turns to see Daemon holding her hand.

"I am staying with you." He whispers in High Valyrian.

As much as Daemon sitting beside her warms Daelys' heart, it also tells her that he hasn't found Aemond yet. She had wanted Aemond so badly with her for this.

Daelys' labour is a long one. It is longer than last time. For two days, Daelys is in labour but Daemon doesn't move from her side. Daena also visits her but isn't allowed to stay for very long.

When word had reached King's Landing of Daelys' labour, Jacaerys and Lucerys had arrived at Driftmark. As always, Rhaenyra had work and couldn't come to her only daughter.

Finally on the fourth hour of the second day of Daelys' labour, the midwife says, "I can see the head, Princess."

"Okay." Daelys says breathlessly. She gives a few more pushes and the baby comes out. Immediately the sound of crying is heard and Daelys lets out a sigh of relief.

"A boy." The midwife says happily. Daelys smiles but pain hits her and she cries out in pain.

"Daelys?" Concern laces Daemon's voice. He turns to the midwife who has already handed the boy to Helaena. "What the fuck is happening?!"

"Another baby. She had been carring two children." The midwife informs Daemon. Rhaenys had by now entered the room and heard what the midwife said.

"This will be easier." Rhaenys says taking Helaena's seat. She had gotten up to give the baby to another midwife so that she can clean him. "It will take only one push."

Daelys nods tiredly and pushes as hard as she can. As the sound of crying of another baby fills the air, Daelys slumps against the bed.

"A daughter, Princess." The midwife says. Rhaenys gets up and takes the girl. Daemon turns to look at his daughter.

"How are you feeling?" He asks in Pentoshi.

"Like shit." Daelys replies. Daemon chuckles a little. "I am going to say that it is a good thing I feel that way."

"No, you are saying that is a good thing." Daemon corrects her. He glances at Rhaenys then back at Daelys who nods. "No one can know that I had been present." Daemon tells her.

Rhaenys looks at him. "I already know that. It will be like you had never been to Driftmark." Daemon nods and gets up. "Come." Rhaenys says walking over to the farthest wall.

"I will be back soon." Daemon promises Daelys and kisses her forehead before following Rhaenys to the wall and disappearing through it.

"This is unusual for him." Aegon says bitterly. "Missing out. That's something I didn't imagine would happen."

"He must want us to do something." Aemond says looking around. "And we are not escaping again like last time."

"Do you know anything about Dragonstone?" Aegon asks.

Aemond smirks a little. "I came here a few times to meet..." His smirk falls and he looks away.