◦•●◉✿Battle of Twins✿◉●•◦

"The moment Daemon burns those on the wall, we attack." Cregan orders his men. "We need to be quiet and quick. The sun sets within the hour and it will be dark soon after that. Make your final arrangements."

"Everything will be prepared." Jonnel reassures Cregan.

"It better be." Cregan tells his son. "Dismissed." Everyone walks out and Cregan turns to Daemon. "Can I trust you to listen to Daelys and not kill any innocents?"

"The only thing you or anyone can ever trust me with is to listen to Daelys." Daemon answers. "If she has ordered something then I will try to the best of my abilities to fulfill those commands."

"If I may be so bold, why do you prefer Daelys above all else even though she is your daughter and you will never have her as anything else?" Cregan asks.

Daemon observes Cregan for a few minutes. "As you said, she is my daughter. A father always prefers his children over all others."

"But she is not even your own daughter." Cregan says surprised. Daemon simply looks at Cregan whose eyes widen in realisation. "But she is, isn't she? No matter what is being claimed by Queen Rhaenyra or anyone else, she is a bastard just as her brothers. But she can hide it."

"Her appearance helps." Daemon admits. "But her nature doesn't."

"But it does." Cregan protests. "We do hear rumours of the court in the North. Rhaenyra was rumoured to be... free spirited as well. But she had kept it hidden to a large extent. Queen Daelys never did any such thing. And that is why she has much more respect from me."

Daemon stays quiet not finding anything to say against that. "It will be sundown soon. I need to prepare."

Cregan nods as Daemon leaves the tent and goes to his own. He has more on his mind than what a Lord is telling him about Rhaenyra and Daelys.

He had stopped thinking about Rhaenyra completely because her death is too painful for him. But what he has to do, he cannot not think about her anymore. Daemon sits down and takes a parchment and a quill to write a letter to Daelys. There is much that Daelys has to be told yet there is almost no time.

He rolls the parchment up and seals it

He rolls the parchment up and seals it. He keeps it with the rest of his belongings which Daelys will receive if he is to die. Jacaerys would never go through anyone's belongings. He will just burn them.

The moment the sun sets, the Stark army hides themselves behind bushes and tress as they wait for Daemon to do his part. Jonnel leads them as Cregan will be staying back for the fight.

"Tell your men to be quick. They will not have much time." Daemon instructs as he gets on Caraxes.

"They will be fast." Cregan reassures. "Just burn them." He points at the wall.

"You should not have doubted me." Daemon warns Cregan before flying up in Caraxes and disappearing in the clouds above.

He flies to the tower wall. Daemon dives from behind the clouds and rains fire on the castle wall. Before any soldier can realise what is happening, Daemon has them all burned to death. Their cries could be heard from the near villages and the people had come out to see what is happening.

It is said to be a fascinating sight. The clouds are coloured red and orange, as if the entire sky is on fire. The cries of the burning people make it horrifying. And with Caraxes, the Blood Wrym, flying through the clouds, it is both fascinating and horrifying for the villagers.

"Attack!" The moment Jonnel gives the order, the Stark soldiers cross the bridge and start the attack. The fire from Caraxes had melted the chains making the gate fall open.

The Frey soldiers, not expecting the Stark army to be inside their walls, are taken by surprise. Still they are able to fight back. The Starks take heavy losses but they also have people to replace the ones they lose.

After observing for a few minutes, Daemon unsheathes his sword, the Dark Sister, and jumps down to the nearest wall. He swings his sword in an arc, killing two soldiers immediately and injuring another.

He makes his way slowly through the men and down to where Jonnel leads his soldiers. Together Daemon and Jonnel lead the Stark army deeper into the castle while Caraxes lights all archers in fire.

When they reach the inner rooms, they immediately kill Lord Frey. After that it becomes a matter of discussion on whether or not kill every Frey alive. Jonnel wants to let the women and children live while Daemon only wants the extremely young children to live along with their mothers.

Finally it is decided that Daemon will be the only one in the room along with a handful of soldiers who are not averse to killing women.

And thus the Battle of Twins is won by Daemon Targaryen and the Stark army. The second battle in the war for the Iron Throne, which will soon be called The Dance of Dragons, is won by Queen Daelys Targaryen.

The news diminishes the spirits of those fighting against Daelys while it creates a reason for celebration for all of Daelys' forces. Even though it has only been two days since Rhaenys' death, Dragonstone celebrates the news as well. Even Leanor is persuaded by Ser Qarl to join in the celebration.

The news makes Jacaerys extremely angry. "Viserys, take your dragon and fly to Highgarden. Order them to side with us publicly or they face destruction. Make sure we do not lose Highgarden." He orders.

"Yes, your Grace." He says quickly exiting the room.

Jacaerys turns to Ser Tyland Lannister. "When will your brother leave Lannisport?"

"In three days." Tyland answers. "They will begin a slow march to Harrenhal. He has one dragon with them. Though smaller than other dragons, but a dragon nonetheless."

"Then Lannisport will be practically vulnerable?" Jacaerys asks.

"Yes, your Grace." Tyland answers.

"Good. Take your men and capture Lannisport." Jacaerys orders. "Once you have taken it, send your men to take care of your brother and the others. Once you do that House Lannister is yours."

Tyland's eyes gleam with satisfaction. "It shall be done with haste, your Grace."

"See that it is." Jacaerys says as Tyland leaves the room. He now has to worry about the other regions. Jacaerys has to strike Daelys fast and hard. So hard that she cannot stand back up again, that no one will look at her to be the Queen ever again.

The next morning, the banner of House Targaryen with House Stark's is seen over the Frey castle. Only House Targaryen's banner has a different color. The three headed dragon is black and breathing fire on red. It is clear that Daelys has taken a different set of coats from her brother and before that her mother.

Even though they have just won the Battle of Twins, neither Cregan nor Daemon are willing to rest longer than necessary. The have gathered in the main hall with Jonnel and the General of the Stark army.

"Our best route would be to march from one House to another." Cregan says. "Not stay in any longer than one night and if possible then no longer than a few hours."

"Then we will do so." Daemon orders. "We will start with Seaguard and make our way south to Riverun where they should be ready with open doors."

"They will be." Jonnel reassures this time.

Daemon raises an eyebrow but doesn't press the matter. He continues. "After that we will journey to Harrenhal where we will meet with Lannister and Royce. There we will await further orders. Is that clear?"

"Yes, your Grace." Cregan, Jonnel and the General say at the same time.

"Dismissed." Cregan says. All four of them go their seperate ways.

Daemon makes his way to the training yard. He needs to relieve the anger inside him in some way and he has vowed to never lie with another woman ever since he married Rhaenyra. With her death, the vow won't change. He is certain of that.