◦•●◉✿Highgarden Battle✿◉●•◦

Start from the beginning

Daena considers his words. "You won't ride alone." She says finally. Daena knows that they will never allow her to ride for Highgarden but that doesn't mean she is letting Jaehaerys go alone. Daena looks at Aegon. "You are going with Jaehaerys."

Aegon nods as Helaena relaxes. "Then I will make my arrangements immediately."

"After Highgarden is taken, Aegon, stay with them as they march to Tumbleton." Daena orders. "Jaehaerys, fly back and we will take Storm's End. That will result in all the Nobel Houses falling."

"Two dragons will be enough to take Mistwood, Greenstone and Rainwood." Criston says.

"Very well." Daena says. "Depart after sundown. We cannot let the Tyrells or Viserys know that you are going."

"Be careful." Daena tells Jaehaerys as she helps him get ready.

"I will be." Jaehaerys promises turning around and putting his arms around Daena. "Please stay safe. I cannot lose you too."

"You won't." Daena says immediately. She leans up and kisses Jaehaerys.

"Suddenly I realise what our parents feel like all the time." Jaehaerys says after parting. Daena can't help but chuckle and Jaehaerys chuckles as well.

They share a few more kisses, both of them unwilling to part. "You need to leave now." Daena whispers finally.

"I don't want to." Jaehaerys tells her.

"Go." Daena says stepping away and closing her eyes. "Just go before you can't leave."

Jaehaerys takes one last look at Daena before turning and leaving the room. They have both grown up seeing their mothers, especially Daelys, being separated from Aemond and that has made them afraid to be away from each other. But they knew what they have to do to secure not only their but their unborn child's future.

"Do you think it's wise?" Helaena asks Criston. "What Daena wants us to do?"

"She is doing what she has to to secure our future." Criston answers. "They are just as afraid of separating as you are."

They look out the window as Aegon and Jaehaerys take to the sky. They look at different windows trying to find Helaena and Daena to wave one last goodbye.

"Where do we stand?" Jaehaerys asks Lyonel who is now Lord Hightower.

"Viserys doesn't follow us after a certain distance. We believe it is because his dragon, Silver, gets tired and he doesn't want to strain her." Lyonel answers.

"We can get him to fight with us." Aegon says.

"That will leave the Tyrell army at your mercy." Jaehaerys adds. He looks up at Aegon who nods. "Then my father and I will challenge Viserys and you with your brother will wipe out the Tyrell army and their leader. Unless those you find inside are servants or women or children, don't let them live."

"Yes, your Grace." Lyonel and Martyn say together.

Aegon waits for them to leave before turning to Jaehaerys. "You are ordering for complete slaughter of the Tyrells. Why?"

Jaehaerys sighs. "Because we have to do what is necessary for Daelys to sit on the throne." He answers. "And as long as one member from the Houses who stand against her lives, their will be those who will want to kill her and her children."

"This isn't about Daelys at all, is it?" Aegon scoffs. "It's about Daena. And your unborn child who will be your heir. You are willing to risk everything to protect them."