043 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐂𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐁𝐔𝐓

THE WILDCAT'S DEBUT

The ring announcer twirls around, brimming with energy as he gestures toward the red corner. "Ah, would you look at that! The Black Jaguar is back in the ring with his manager!"

The crowd immediately erupts into cheers, giving their favourite fighter and his manager the warmest welcome. Unlike Tetsurou, who's accustomed to the spotlight and the adoration that comes with being the most prized fighter in the UR, you've forgotten what it's like being the centre of attention. Your role primarily operates away from the ring, making the applause a sincere but disorienting experience.

Tetsurou raises both hands and waves at the audience around him, eliciting an uproar of screams and applause. They wish he were the one stepping into the ring tonight instead of Yamamoto, but despite The Black Jaguar not fighting, the audience is still eager to witness what The Wildcat has to offer.

Normally, the ring announcer waits for all team members to make themselves present in the ring before introducing the fighters. However, Teraji had already informed the announcer of his presence earlier. The sponsor would rather keep himself hidden within the crowd than make his face public.

Now perched in his customary spot on the highest balcony, Teraji observes the ring from above. He has no doubt that Kyotani will win tonight, considering all that he's done for him this past week.

"Alright, everyone!" The ring announcer proclaims proudly. "I'm delighted to see every seat filled! Looks like we've got a full house to witness The Wildcat's debut!"

Cheers fill the air as Yamamoto raises his gloves, allowing the stadium's energy to heighten his adrenaline. Though he masks his nerves behind a smile, beneath the surface, he's never felt so anxious before in his life.

Tetsurou nudges Yamamoto forward, guiding him to the ring's center where the spotlight shines the brightest. Even when anxious, Yamamoto feels confident in his abilities, even with the little training he had throughout the week.

As the stadium lights dim, focusing attention on the ring, the crowd settles, eagerly anticipating the announcer's words. "Ladies and gentlemen!" The announcer's smile widens, displaying a set of perfect teeth. "We are all gathered here to witness yet another small bet! And what better way to debut yourself as a strong second year than to bravely fight against a third year!"

The ring announcer winks at Yamamoto, who nods appreciatively, acknowledging the compliment while trying to maintain his focus.

Tetsurou leans in to whisper in your ear. "The tall one with the stern face is Ushijima." Your gaze follows Tetsurou's, immediately noting Ushijima's towering figure and his broad, muscular physique accentuated by his purple tracksuit. "He's Teraji's prized possession."

"If that's the case, why isn't he fighting today?" you murmur back, meeting Tetsurou's eyes briefly.

"Because Teraji wouldn't show him off against a second year," Tetsurou murmurs, his gaze briefly flickering down to your lips before returning to meet your eyes. Sustaining eye contact seems more challenging for him, especially with your newfound closeness. "He's waiting for a bigger threat — possibly me."

The intimacy you shared the last time you were together lingers in your thoughts. You turn away, focusing straight ahead. The last thing you want is to engage in a public display of affection, right in the middle of the ring for everyone to witness.