036 | 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 & 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

BOYFRIEND & GIRLFRIEND

Deciding not to burden Kuroo with the Chief's suspicions of his true identity becomes your silent pact for the time being. It's the last thing he needs on his plate, knowing that it would only cause him more stress and anxiety.

And you do it for the same reasons you do anything — to protect him. Surely, you plan to tell him about it one day before he discovers it himself.

That's the only reason why the Chief had even invited him for dinner on a random night of his choosing. It's all a ploy, just so he can turn his home into an investigation room and try to pull information out of Kuroo without him even knowing it.

Your thoughts scatter as a notebook lands on your desk, a familiar gesture from Kuroo. A wry smirk graces his lips, a playful glint in his eyes as he awaits your reply.

How's my beautiful girlfriend doing this morning?

A soft chuckle escapes you as you jot down a response, then flick the book back to him.

She's stressed. How's my handsome boyfriend doing?

Kuroo emits a strange sound, somewhere between a laugh and a choke, prompting you to hush him. But the noise is a disturbance to the lesson going on, and Mori turns, his brows knitting as he finds you and Kuroo bickering.

"Quiet back there," is all he says rather than going into his usual scolding. If it were any other student, Mori would have a ball putting them on show by asking them why they were making noise in the first place. Good thing you two are his favourite students.

"Sorry," you murmur, meeting Mori's gaze briefly before he returns to his lesson, oblivious to the notebook finding its way back to your desk.

He was doing fine until
you mentioned stress.
What's up?

The Chief.
Don't be fooled
by him.

I'm not, and
I won't be.

You should've
lied about
your name.

I know, but
I couldn't.
You're my girlfriend,
and he's your family.

He's also
the Chief.

But I want to
respect him.
He's your
father after all.

Lying wouldn't do
me that.

Fine.
Just be careful
with whatever
you tell him
from now on.

Should I
be worrying about
something else?

The dinner.
He's going to use
it as a means to
interrogate you.

How do you
know that?