026 | 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

TEAM MEETING

Students chatter with their friends as you walk into the classroom. Yesterday you took the day off, and thanks to Asa barging into your room once again, you found the willpower to get ready and make an appearance. Though late, you still made it.

Mori turns, his head dipping slightly as he peers at you from over his glasses. The last time you laid eyes on him, he was a disheveled, drunken mess, with tousled hair and a beer bottle in his hand. Now, he's as sharp as ever, dressed in his signature all-black ensemble — a button-up shirt and matching pants that complement the bags under his eyes.

Typically, Mori would seize the opportunity to call out students arriving late and put them on the spot. However, today is different. He straightens and gestures towards your seat with a hand. "Welcome back."

"Thank you, Mori-sensei," you reply, politely bowing before navigating the aisle and making your way to your desk. The last time he saw you, you were in no better shape, also drunk and teetering on the brink of throwing yourself into a brawl that he knew you wouldn't be able to handle.

The aftermath of Yamamoto and Kyotani's altercation at Oikawa's afterparty carries consequences, and now that you're back at school, it's your turn to find out the next steps.

Kuroo, engrossed in his phone, eventually lifts his gaze to spot you entering and taking your seat. His grin is a guilty one — he's replayed the kiss he shared with you outside of his house a million times over in his mind during the late hours of the night and even during his classes.

Once you've settled your bag and flipped open your notebook, you turn, acknowledging Kuroo with a grin of your own. You wait for him to initiate the conversation, but instead, he reaches for the notebook containing your past classroom conversations and flips to a fresh page.

With his pencil, he scribbles a quick note and tosses it onto your desk. You raise a brow at him before reading.

It's nice to see you alive and well, Cougar.

Already scoffing, you grab your own pencil and write a reply before tossing the notebook back to him.

I thought I told you not to call me that.

Kuroo, with a quiet chuckle, quickly jots down a reply and returns the book to you.

Sorry... Is it better if I call you beautiful, then?

You shake your head, surrendering to his humor with a shared laugh. Glancing over at him, you twirl your pencil between your fingers before bringing the lead to paper. Even as Mori notices you and Kuroo exchanging a notebook, he continues with his lesson.

You really are
something.

Something?