023 | 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃

PAINT HIS FACE RED

You trace the perimeter of the dance floor, where bodies continue to sway and entwine, lost in the rhythm. Drawing closer to the rear corner, you spot Mori, a bottle cradled in his grip and a collection of others on the table, awaiting their fate.

You consider going to him, but Kuroo steps in your way. "There you are!" His hand extends, offering you a margarita glass filled with a red slush and a lime garnish on the rim. "Here, try some of this," he insists, his voice carrying a note of enthusiasm. "It's one of Bokuto's special concoctions, and one of my personal favourites."

Skeptical, you bring the glass closer, taking in its inviting aroma before tentatively tasting. The flavour dances on your palate, its sweetness tempting you to indulge further. "What is it?"

"Bo's Red Drink, also known as a frozen cherry margarita," Kuroo reveals, savouring a sip from his own glass. "Tastes great every time I have it."

Enjoying Kuroo's choice of drink, you bring the glass to your lips, savouring the cooling slush and vibrant burst of cherry and subtle lime. The alcohol's presence is skillfully masked by the sweetness, making you finish the entire glass in the blink of an eye.

"Easy there, cougar," Kuroo jests when he finds your glass empty.

You wipe the lingering traces from your lips, a playful giggle escaping you as you extend the empty glass toward him. "Can I have more?"

Kuroo raises a brow. "Are you trying to get drunk?"

"No," you shake your head, a warm sensation blossoming in your stomach from the alcohol. "Just here to enjoy the moment."

His laughter returns, accompanied by a knowing smile as he hands you his own glass. You down the drink within seconds, and he's momentarily taken aback. Amusement tinges his words. "Wow. I hope you're not a lightweight."

"I never drank before, so we'll find out!" you sing, then trip over your own feet and collide into Kuroo's chest. He almost stumbles but manages to catch you in time.

"Okay, then," he replies with a chuckle as he leads you away from the bar. "Wanna dance? Or do you wanna do shots at Bo's table with Bea?"

"Hm..." you tap your chin in a mock contemplation, "Let's do shots!"

His momentary hesitation is eclipsed by your excitement, prompting him to start leading you to his friends. "Okay, shots it is!"

The circular booth welcomes you with red cushions and space for an entire team. Bokuto smiles with an unstable excitement, and surprisingly, Bea does the exact same. Both have clearly had their fill of tonight's alcohol.

Glasses brimming with assorted liquors and vodka populate the table. You listen to Kuroo as he tells you the different alcohols, but you've never had any of them to know what you were getting yourself into. So, you follow his lead and reach for the same drinks as him, downing them in one go.

Kuroo's gaze flits around the room, taking in the sights from the other tables. At one corner, a blue bong makes its rounds, emitting the strong scent of marijuana and smoke that makes the place look hazy. But amid it all, Iwaizumi stands with reddened eyes, emitting smoke through his mouth and nose like a mythical creature.