030 | 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑

LITTLE TIGER

Ever since Asa's first encounter with Kuroo, she hasn't been able to shut up about him. He's the first thing she asks about when she wakes you up in the morning, and he's the last thing she asks about before you go to sleep. Witnessing her happiness in forming a bond with Kuroo warms your heart, yet a sense of apprehension gnaws at you. You're acutely aware that if she grows any closer to him, she might find herself in the same situation you fell into.

There have been instances when she's asked about Kuroo within earshot of your father. Each time, you've had to shush her, telling her to keep him a secret for now. Then there was a day she suggested that Kuroo meet your father, an idea that nearly made you lose your composure on the spot.

The last thing you need on your plate is the chief meeting Kuroo. It could be the single thing your father needs to piece together that he was one of the individuals in the footage he received.

Whoever sent the police the footage is still a mystery. When you asked your father who sent the footage — only because your teammates were pressuring you in the group chat one night to ask — his reply was terse: the footage arrived anonymously.

Because of this, no one has faced legal consequences. He then shared that the police are trying to track down the anonymous sender through advanced technologies that you don't care about.

What you care about is who could have possibly sent it. Why would someone take actions so reckless, endangering lives and relationships, particularly Kuroo's, for what appears to be personal gain? It seems to be an act driven by self-interest, but who?

Over the past week, Kuroo and Yamamoto have taken to hiding beneath their hoodies whenever a police car passes by on the street. The rest of the team have jokingly dubbed them as 'wanted criminals,' but in a sense it's also the truth.

Their lives and freedom are now on the line, and you somehow feel responsible. After all, it was the subject of you that sparked the fight between Yamamoto and Kyotani, but it was also Kyotani's drunk remarks that initiated the first punch.

In the midst of it all, Bokuto, Bea, and Akaashi are deeply concerned for their friends' safety, though they conceal their worries. All they can do is support their friends and protect them whenever the need arises.

At least Bea has started to warm up to you. During after school hours in The Hideout, she would share her managing tips with you, both for volleyball and boxing.

Bea guided you through her meticulously crafted spreadsheets, each tailored to its respective sport. She records every on-court interaction, diligently cataloging every move, point scored, and ball touched by each player.

When it comes to boxing, Bea crafts exhaustive workout regimens, each day targeting a different muscle group in the body. Before you stepped into the role of Kuroo's manager, Kuroo and Bokuto would train together. However, their differing preferences spurred Kuroo's desire to develop his own routine.

You were able to help him refine his own routine by integrating more cardio workouts, mainly with different running routes through the neighborhood. Weights and other exercises came after, and he made sure to utilize the abundance of boxing equipment littering his home. And due to recent events, Yamamoto has joined him with his routines, learning as much as he can before the date of his fight is set.