Chapter 11

Steve was walking down the corridor with Toga and Rudra in the trail when they came face to face with a familiar figure. To Steve that is.

Thomas Andre, Stars and Stripes, and Samui Hagane were leisurely strolling towards the meeting hall, when they felt a tremendous amount of killing intent fill the whole corridor.

Rudra and Toga looked at Steve surprised, who while standing emotionless, was emitting an aura they never felt before. Samui stumbled backward as even Thomas Andre and Stars and Stripes gulped nervously.

"Look who it is," Steve said with a clearly fake, and very eerie smile, his greetings pointed at Samui, who tried to look confident and arrogant, even though his knees were shaking.

"O-oh, Steve Ray... it's great seeing you again," he replied, as Stars and Stripes and Thomas both released their own pressure to counteract Steve's causing walls around them to develop cracks and then repair simultaneously, a special feature of the building.

"Hm... Is this how you greet an old friend, Steve?" asked Stars and Stripes, raising her eyebrows.

"Sorry big sis, but the man behind you did something to set me off, and you know what happens when people do that," he said as she nodded and moved aside.

"Cathleen, what is the meaning of this?" asked Thomas, confused and angry.

"Listen, Andre. I don't know what happened, but Steve is very difficult to piss off. Trust me, we've tried. But when he does get truly angry at someone, it's for a reason, and after that, there is no stopping him. We have also tried that. And failed miserably at both," she said, confusing him more.

"What do you mean by that? And who do you mean by 'we'?"

"Oh just me and a few friends, like All Might, David, Hawks, Dr Strange, and others," she nonchalantly replied.

"Hmph. Whatever. I don't care, kid, just know that this person is in my guild, and to attack him, would be to attack my guild. Think carefully before you even move," Thomas warned, and the next moment, all the air inside the corridor was sucked, and multiple blades formed from the air, so dense that it was visible. While Thomas and Samui were unable to breathe, one of the blades launched at Thomas, grazing his cheeks and embedding in the wall behind him, before blasting, the explosion pushing Samui forward sending him facefirst on the ground.

"Thomas, Thomas, before threatening me, you think carefully. Even us National rank Hunters and heroes need to breathe, and unless you're like me, who can split the water molecules inside me consciously into oxygen and hydrogen and then separate it, you are gonna die in about 20 minutes," Steve said with the same eerie smile he greeted them with.

"Whoa, didn't know you could do that," Cathleen commented with an intrigued smile, breathing perfectly since Steve left her in an air pocket.

"Yeah, just got creative with my powers. Anyways, Tommy, no matter how powerful you are, and even ASSUMING that you are more powerful than me, how do you think you will defeat me before you run out of air?"

"Y-you bastard!" yelled Thomas, though he couldn't be heard due to there being no air to transmit sound.

(Steve's voice could be heard due to him using his power to send waves of air to carry his voice to small air pockets near everyone's ear)

Thomas took a nearly all-out swing at Steve, which could destroy even the reinforced walls of the corridor which could contain the explosion of a Nuke like the one used in WW2. (The lower yield one)

However, Steve stopped it with a hand, while the Mana Shockwaves were just contained by a barrier he created.

The next moment, he appeared behind Thomas, with his hand raised going in for a punch, and at that moment Thomas could only feel one thing.