chapter 50

Izuku was sitting next to his mother who was laying on a bed attached to many pieces of equipment.

Eternal Slumber. A sleep no one can wake up from. This started when the gates broke out.

Even though the DNA itself changed as per the Mana, i.e., Chaos magic, some people still were unable to withstand strong bursts of Mana. Some people who were vulnerable and were around people with a lot of mana, or worse, had a lot of mana themselves entered a state when their cognitive functions stopped sending them into a sleep-like state they never wake up from. Even now, tests are going on to cure it, but people affected by that were and are still kept on life support to gather data.

'Don't worry mom, I'll save you soon. Just wait for me till then.'

He stood up as he started walking outside, thinking about getting stronger when he saw Mera.

"Ah... ohayo senpai," he said as Mera joined him.

"Hello Hunter Midoriya," he greeted formally.

"I guess it's business then. Please tell me what I can do for you?" asked Izuku with a mock-serious face.

"Well, working on that business face would be a start. But for now, you just need to meet someone so I would appreciate it if you could accompany me," Mera said as Izuku deadpanned.

"Even when you're serious you're still sarcastic," he said with a tick mark on his forehead.

"I am just honest," Mera said walking ahead of Izuku.

"Yeah right, of course, you are," Izuku rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, so I've been meaning to ask you, did you clear that dungeon eight months ago?" asked Mera.

"No. I still don't understand what happened that day. But I plan to find out," said Izuku this time with an actually serious face.

By now both were outside the hospital as Mera walked to a GT-R.

"Wow, a Nissan GT-R 45 2402! THIS ONE'S AWESOME!" he yelled Excitedly.

"Thank you, I appreciate the compliment," Mera said with a smile.

"You've got a real good car," said Izuku marveling at the interior.

"Right. Anyways, let me take you to the headquarters of the Hunter and Hero association," Mera said as he started the car.

"Are you sure you wanna drive? I mean you look like you'd fall asleep any second," Izuku commented cheekily.

"Haha, very funny," Mera replied with an eye roll.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Izuku was sitting in front of Japan's one of the most respected people, who went by the name The Silver Fang Satoshi Hatake.

(I know I know what Naruto fans are going to comment, I couldn't just copy-paste the name since they're... not the same person)

'He doesn't look that old,' thought Izuku.

"Hello Mr. Midoriya," Satoshi greeted.

"Hello, Mr. President. I didn't know I was coming here to meet you or I would've changed into something more presentable," Izuku said with an awkward smile since right now he was wearing his only 'T-Shirt' t-shirt Kaminari had let him keep.

"Ah, it's no problem. In fact, I find this T-shirt rather clever," he commented with a smile.

"I know right! But my fri- sorry, I've got a habit of rambling. So could you enlighten me on why I got this opportunity to meet you?" Izuku asked seriously.

"Ah, well, first of all, no need to be this formal. As for why, well, you're here to discuss the results of the Rank Revaluation," he replied as he looked at him.

"What about it President san?" Izuku said with a mildly interested face.

"Judging by your expression you know what this is about. I know you're much more perceptive than you let it show," Satoshi said with a smile as Izuku smirked.

"But for official purposes, I'll explain it to you. You see, we don't actually evaluate S-rankers after three days. This was an alibi to buy time to talk to you about something very serious," the president said as Izuku's face turned serious.

"You see, as of right now the Hero and Hunter system is at one such point that the power distribution is almost equal amongst the top guilds and teams. We currently have 10 S-rank heroes/hunters in the country, I, All Might, Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Hawks, Ryuku, retired Hero Canary, Retired healer Hunter Merlin, Crust and Edgeshot," he said as Izuku nodded in understanding.

"Now as much as we trust all these individuals, it would be wiser to not upset the balance of power. You see right now keeping heroes in check are both the association and other heroes and hunters. However, if this balance gets upset, it would only be us, and the association can do little to nothing against such powerful opponents. So, I request you to join the association," Satoshi said straightforwardly.

"I decline."

Satoshi, expecting this, sighed with disappointment as he looked at Izuku.

"Alright. Is there anything that we can do for you?" he asked.

"Yes, there is. We both know that the top guilds in Japan are actually the ones inherited instead of new ones with their current owners being the founding members. So, I'd say it would be a rather fresh change for the newest S-rank to make his own guild right? I mean that would maintain the balance of power while capturing public interest, which would play a large role in enhancing the public image of Hero Association, especially when the guild will work with the hero association, won't it?" asked Izuku with a smirk as Satoshi raised his eyebrow in interest.

"I am guessing you have some conditions along with this offer since it's going to benefit us a lot more than it'll benefit you," Satoshi said as Izuku nodded.

"Yes. I've got some favors to ask you. The first one is pretty legal. Clause 572 B, the interminable clause states that under special circumstances an underaged kid can apply for Vehicle licenses ranging from two-wheeler all the way to airplanes," Izuku stated and Satoshi grinned.

"Yes. I must say, I'm really impressed. Done." 

Next, I'll need a license for making a guild," Izuku said as Satoshi chuckled.

"Well, since I've also read the Constitution pretty well, here's a fact. The clause you're talking about actually doesn't specify vehicles, it just states license for activities otherwise criminalized including vehicles, which means guilds are included. Pretty legal."

Izuku was impressed since he had overlooked the word 'including' while going through the constitution.

"Wow... that's awesome," he said.

"Right. Anything else?"

"Yes, one last thing, which is going to be pretty hard even for you. I want..."

====================================================

Hello everyone, so welcome to a comparatively shorter chapter (Not by much, like only 100 words). Hope you all liked it.

AND HERE WE HIT HALF-CENTURY! The 50th chapter, it's a lot. So thank you all for following this book till here and I hope you continue to do so. also, thanks for over 47K reads, it means a lot. 

Also, the hike of this book has been one of my best ones. Like it was around 10k reads till 30th chapter and then in like 7-8 chaps it doubled, and right now after 20 chaps its four times. So yeah, thanks.

Please continue to vote, comment and share.

piano2099 out