Chapter 39

Hello everyone, so here's another favorite song of mine. Though if I could, I'd pretty much put the whole Kamikaze and half of the Revival up there. I'll talk later at the end.

=====================================================

"So... long time no see," said Steve awkwardly, after which Kaminari jumped onto him, hugging him around his neck.

"YOU'RE BACK AFTER SO LONG!" he yelled happily as Steve giggled.

"Sorry, just some villain mobs in central Africa. The heroes were heavily outnumbered by the criminals there. Yakuza and organized crimes would look nothing in front of that. Me, Shishido, and Canary had to work for over 6 months relentlessly to bring things under control. Turns out some people from the US, Japan, and back at home in India were using it as a distraction to keep the attention off the illegal drug trade and experiment on quirkless," said Steve seriously.

"Oh... wait here too?" asked Kaminari.

"Yeah. Apparently, they were trying to give a quirkless person a quirk. You know, forced awakening and quirk activation," said Steve.

"Is that even possible?" asked Ochako.

"Oh you don't know what all messed up shit is possible," said Steve with a sigh.

"Yeah. Remember three decades ago a person trying to kill the previous UK Prime Minister by sending a girl with mutant quirk armed with a bomb when he voiced his support for those with Mutant Quirk," said Kaminari.

"OKAY OKAY LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT DEPRESSING SHIT!" said Shoto with wide eyes.

"Right! Sorry!" said Steve with wide eyes as he bit his tongue.

"So are you guys injured?" asked Ectoplasm while mentally facepalming.

"Ochako's got hit on the head with a pole," said Izumi. She was a little shaken up, but after seeing the interaction of Steve and Kaminari, she felt lighter. Plus not much could happen if you had a National rank Hunter with you.

"Alright, I'll... deal with these dipshits," said Steve as he disappeared in a blue flash. In the next moments, all the thugs also disappeared.

"Yeah... by 'dealing' with them, he means he'll mentally torture into confessing why they were here," Kaminari said with a sweatdrop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days had gone inside the dungeon and the C-rank and below were peacefully eating when the A-ranker arrived there.

'Just what has happened? They are low-rank hunters? Warm clothes, food, blankets, tents, and everything? If my hands weren't frozen, no... IF my stomach was full I could have easily fought off the Hyakki.'

'They kept all this to themselves. These guys...'

"YOU FUCKERS!" he yelled getting the attention of everyone.

"Takehashi san! How are you here?" asked one of the C-rank.

"MY ATTACK FORCE WAS WIPED OUT DUE TO LACK OF FOOD AND EQUIPMENT! HOW DO YOU HAVE ALL THESE SUPPLIES?"

"That's..."

"What? Got your mouth sewed? I don't see you all as accomplices. Who hid all these supplies? I'll let you all go if you tell me the culprit. I'M TALKING TO THE CULPRIT WHO HIS ALL THESE SUPPLIES AND LET HIS COMRADES DIE!"

"Shit..." muttered Masamune.

"ONE!"

"TWO!"

'The B-ranker must be the one. Why would she volunteer to stay with C-rankers unless she has some plot? YOU ARE THE CULPRIT!'