Prologue

We currently see a 15-year-old boy, sitting in his class, muttering about his training regiment while using a grip strength.

I am Izuku Midoriya, a 15-year-old boy.

(WTF! HOW THE FUCK DID THIS GO IN FIRST PERSON?)

Sh-shut up, author! Let me speak, this is one of those great prologues or pilots starting off the series with a speech about what the story is about.

(But I don't do that, how are you doing this?)

The fourth wall break no jutsu. Now, where was I?

Yeah, so this is about a month after the sludge incident. I met one of the strongest, in not the strongest hero, All Might.

Long story short, I was suicide baited by my once best friend, got attacked by a sludge monster, met All Might, got my dreams shot down, saved Bakugo, though he was in danger due to me in the first place. Nah, he was stupid enough to kick the bottle. Anyways, I saved him, then met All Might again, who reverted back to his skinny form. That was quite a shock to me, seeing the symbol of peace like that.

Aah, I can still remember the explanation about All for One and an S-rank dungeon break.

A month earlier

"...I got this injury due to a major villain teaming up with an S-rank boss to take me down..." completed All Might as he told Izuku about his fight.

"That fight gave me this wound, and limits my time to 5 hours a day," said All Might.

Izuku was just staring at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Pretty lame, huh?" said All Might with a hollow chuckle.

"Lame? If anything, this makes you even cooler. Even with this injury, you go out every day, saving us, the people, and you risk your life for us when you should be resting and taking it easy. You go through all that pain daily with an unwavering smile, you never yield. This is a testimony that you deserve to be the symbol of peace. Sorry, my fanboy is coming out," said Izuku, completing the sentence with an embarrassed chuckle.

"..."

Tears were forming in All Might's eyes. He always kept this form secret as he expected people to lose faith in him as he was weak. Yet the boy in front of him called him cool, even after this. In fact, he found it more cooler with this, and for the right reasons, not like the millennials who just find scars cool for the sake of it.

"Though All Might you need to take it easy," said Izuku with a slight glare.

"Heh, don't worry kid, I will take it easy. Anyways, I am here with a proposition. You know I said that it's almost, and mind you, I said almost, impossible for a quirkless or powerless kid to become a hero, I know you'll become one anyways. The way you moved without thinking is proof of that. So I am here to give you the necessary power to make sure that you are at the top," said All Might.

"Huh? Why do I need to be at the top? I am just happy to become a hero, I don't care as long as I can clear dungeons and save lives," said Izuku.

"I know. But this world isn't that good of a place. Many heroes and hunters are cocky and corrupt. And as you know, laws don't work on S-rank hunters or heroes. Thankfully, there is only a handful at the top in every country, but you know, we need a boy like you there. A boy who doesn't care about who the person he is saving is, but only cares about the lives of others," said All Might.

Izuku was getting emotional.

"Now I am warning you, that as you proceed through the rankings, the danger increases. You may have to kill humans. Villains, vigilantes, even fellow hunters or heroes, as there are a few lizards in the system, who after clearing a dungeon discard their teammates like a lizard discarding his tail. There is only one rule, survive. But if you want, I want to...

... Transfer my quirk to you."

...

...

...

"WHAT? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? THERE HAVE BEEN MANY SPECULATIONS ABOUT YOUR QUIRK IN THE COMMUNITY AND NO ONE KNOWS YOUR QUIRK, BUT THE POWER TO TRANSFER THE QUIRK, THAT'S AMAZING. OF COURSE, THERE'S AN URBA-" rambled Izuku only to be stopped by All Might.

"Stop! Man, we need to take care of your muttering. Anyways, my quirk is..."

I am pretty sure you don't want to hear about the quirk, you all know what One for All is. So to the important point. Since that day, my training started, and it was hell. Since many heroes and hunters use weapons, All Might made me watch videos on weapon-wielding. All Might personally never used weapons since he was more of a tank, but since One for All was essentially a stockpile quirk, it granted physical defense, it also granted extreme speed, which was helpful if I ever decided to get a rune stone with some kind of stealth skill, I could use it to become an assassin style hero/hunter rather than a tank-type like him

So anyways- wait, the author forgot to explain about skills. So skills are basically similar to a quirk, except it can't be used for long since it consumes a lot of mana. Mana is basically magic points, everyone has them, just quirked and awakened have more than normal people, though the amount depends on the quirk or Awakening rank.

Also, before I forget, even though All Might doesn't use weapons, he does use enchanted items. All his costumes are made by Professor David Shield, who is a leading pioneer of enchanted science, a new branch of science since the appearance of dungeons, combining the mystical elements recovered from dungeons and cutting-edge science.

Anyways, so each day, I would go to school, work as a salesman, which I got due to being cute enough (yes I work, I need to support my sister and myself) and occasionally as a porter or miner, and now train additionally. So yeah, my schedule is packed. OR was packed, since I am not the 15-year-old Izuku.

Anyways, during the first week, I was almost ready to give up. But every time I thought to actually give up, three faces came to my mind. Firstly, All Might, who chose to trust me. Then my mother, who was in eternal sleep. Finally, the one most important person for me. The one person for whom I would jump into an S-rank dungeon without a thought. My super annoying but super cute sister, Izumi. 

So I persevered. During the second week, it became easier. 50 pushups, 50 situps, 2 km run, warmup, and stuff, yeah, no sweat. Kidding, definitely more than a sweat.

And that's not including the training work I did. All Might suggested giving me some financial aid, but I refused. I didn't want to trouble the man anymore. Yes, this wouldn't even make a dent in his savings, however, not many people knew this about me but I was a very prideful person. That's why even after everything, I never backed down from being a hero, and I was the only one who stood up to Bakugo. Yeah, I am not the weak under-confident plain kid I was in anime. Seriously? Plain? Hey Horikoshi, my man, you're great and smart, but even so, when was the last time you saw a green-haired kid? How is that plain and normal?

Anyways, talking of Bakugo, he had calmed down a lot since I saved him. Just like me, he was a little different than the anime. A little less... of a Pomeranian. So he started treating me as a normal guy.

Alright, that's enough rambling, now back to the present time.

I was sitting in my class, doing some light workouts while studying, like the air chair one, and then the grip one.

However, I was blissfully unaware of an event that would change my life forever.

This is my journey, to become the Shadow Monarch and the number one hero. The hero of humanity.

=========================================

Hello everyone, so this is my take on Solo Deku, and I hope you all liked it.

Please vote, comment and share. See you all in the next chapter.