Chapter 2

Izuku woke up to bright light.

"W-what happened? Where am I?" he muttered, as memories came rushing.

'Oh... oh! OH! OOOH! HOW THE FUCK AM I ALIVE' he thought as the memories of his time before fainting came rushing into his mind.

---Flashback---

Everyone was in the center of the double dungeon. Yes, it was a double dungeon, as Izuku had explained to them. He had just saved one of them from being decapitated by a statue and then being evaporated by the laser from the eye of the 'god'. Three people had chosen to not listen to him, and now not even a trace of them could be found. Sakumo was stressing out.

A kid died as he tried to follow the second commandment, the first being bow to the god. He had praised the wrong god. He was crushed by the so-called god, as that 'god' smiled wickedly.

"H-how c-can we worship him?" muttered a kid as everyone started running

In Izuku's hand were the two daggers he got from the goblins, and he held onto them securely.

'If he can move, then so can the other statues. But.. some of them have instruments,' he thought as he yelled, "STAND BENEATH THE ONES WITH INSTRUMENTS!" 

Everyone started to occupy a statue. Izuku and Sakumo arrived beneath a statue with a drum, but unlike other ones, it didn't start playing.

"M-Midoriya..." cried Sakumo.

'Could it be that due to two people...' he thought as he released Sakumo's hand.

"Stay here and don't move, you'll be safe," said Izuku as he started running towards the final statue.

However, the 'god' had caught up to him and was about to crush him. Luckily, his polished instincts warned him and his now athletic body allowed him to slide. Unluckily, it wasn't a statue with an instrument, but rather a shield. Only due to his reflexes was he able to dodge the shield, and even then he couldn't completely.

'If there is a god... please... help...' he thought as pain coursed through his body.

Finally, he had crawled underneath the statue of an angel. The moment she started singing, the second commandment was complete. 

Praise the god.

Every statue had stopped moving.

Everyone rushed towards Izuku, who was the most injured.

"Midoriya are you fi- IZUKU!" shrieked Sakumo, as she saw Izuku's leg almost chopped in half with a lot of blood pooling around it. It was broken and the damage was severe.

She fell onto his knees as she tried to heal him, but she could only stop the bleeding before her nose started to bleed.

"You'll exhaust yourself! Stop!" said Izuku as he held her.

She just proceeded to hug him as she cried into his chest.

"P-please don't die..." she sobbed.

"I won't die, don't worry," said Izuku. The others were just shook, when the ground started to rumble, actually shaking them.

"What is happening? Don't tell me..." one of them said as an alter raised from the ground.

"Huh? An alter?" said another guy.

"Finally, prove your faith..." said Bakugo.

"We have to offer a sacrifice," said Izuku.

"W-what?" stuttered Akira.

"Well, if we have to make a sacrifice, it should be Bakugo," said one of the lackeys.

"W-what?"

Surprisingly, it was Izuku who said that.

"I mean he is always being a boss and yelling die. He even bullies everyone. Didn't he tell you to take a swan dive? He wants to be a hero, so shouldn't he save us?" said the other one.

"HEY! You both were also there and you didn't say anything. Didn't you two help him in beating me up? He always went easy on me, you both broke multiple bones of mine!" said Izuku.

"That doesn't matter, he acts like our boss, so he should take responsibility," said the first one.

"It was your idea to come here. Why d-" Izuku was interrupted by none other than Bakugo.

"I'll do it," said Bakugo seriously.

"What! You can't be serious Kacchan! If you want to offer a sacrifice, why not me?" yelled Izuku.

Everyone was silent for a moment. 

The one they all bullied, some of them even beat him, for being quirkless was willing to give up his life for them.

"No." 

This was Bakugo's reply. And it wasn't just a reply, it was a statement.

"B-but I am quirkless and you have a strong quirk. You can become a great hero that I canno-"

"NO! Consider this repayment for saving my life. I am the sacrifice and that's final," said Bakugo as he jumped onto the alter.

A circle of yellow flames lit up on the top.

"W-was this supposed to happen?" asked Bakugo.

"Sakumo, please take me to the alter," pleaded Izuku.

"W-what?"

"I need to see what's happening," he replied, and the others nodded, as the two girls helped him.

As they both along with everyone else stepped onto the alter a blue circle of fire lit up on the boundary, opening the gate. However, the statues also started to move.

"WHAT!" they all yelled, and as soon as they looked at the statues, it stopped.

"IT'S LIKE THE GAME WE PLAYED AS KIDS! THEY COME CLOSER IF YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THEM!" yelled Izuku.

"What should we do?" asked another lackey.

"The gate's open, run for it..." said the other one, and they both darted towards the gate.

"STOP! IT'S PROBABLY FALSE HOPE! WE NEED TO PROVE OUR FAITH!" yelled Izuku, but they both got out and the door closed a little.

"They got out?" asked one person.

"It seems every time someone goes out, they close a little," said Izuku, observing the situation.

"W-what do we do?" asked one of the boys.

"There are two things. Either we have to persevere for some time, or we have to leave the sacrifice behind. Because as soon as everyone will leave the circle, the door will shut completely," said Izuku.

"Midoriya, we have survived this long because of you and your intelligence. B-but I don't think I can do this anymore," said a guy as he ran out and everyone except Sakumo, Bakugo, and Izuku got out.

"Tch. Sakumo, get Deku and run," said Bakugo as he lifted his hand.

"N-no Kacchan!" said Izuku.

"SHUT UP DEKU! JUST DO AS I SAY!" yelled Bakugo as tears started to flow out of his eyes.

Before Izuku could say anything, a yell rang.

"I CAN'T MOVE MY LEGS!" 

======================================================

Hello everyone, hope you all liked this chapter. And thank you all for over 250 reads, it means a lot.

Finally, please vote, comment and share. I love reading everyone's comments.