O46'

NOVEMBER 16TH 2023

Orla was leant against the kitchen counter, trying to find the sieve so that she could drain the pasta she had cooked her and Paul for dinner, he was due to leave the house shortly after the food would be done, Once Orla found it, drained the pasta and added the cheese, tuna and sweetcorn to the bowl, Paul approached the counter.

"Orla?" He asked softly. Orla nodded, not looking at him though as she was focused on mixing the pasta. "I need to tell you something" Paul said slowly, anxious about how she would react.

"What's up?" Orla asked, as she stirred their food in the pan. "There's something I've kept from you, for..... a while, I wanted to tell you, but then everything hapened so suddenly, you were pregnant, and I didn't want to risk anything, and I know I should have told you a long time ago"

Now worried, Orla stopped plating the food, and turned to face him. "What have you done?" She asked him calmly.

"When Ivy was really young, for the last, few weeks, maybe a month, we were together, then, not now, I could never do what I did to you now" Paul was about to continue when Orla stopped him.  "Paul what did you do?" Orla asked him

"I was messaging Freya, We weren't intimate until after I ended things, and I regretted it right after." Paul admitted, for half a minute there was complete silence, save the sound of the spoon Orla he'd used to put the pasta on the plates dropping into the sink.

"Are you serious?" Orla asked as she placed the two plates of food on the dining table. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." Paul said, struggling to speak as tears ran down his face.

"You didn't bother to tell me back then, it's been what nearly four years since then, you're a lying bastard." Orla felt like she wanted to scream, she felt as though her whole life was imploding on itself.

"Orla please, I feel terrible." Paul croaked.  "I'm supposed to fucking care?" Orla scoffed with disebelief trying not to yell so she didn't wake up the baby.

"I love you." Paul lamented. "Do you? Because if you did, you wouldn't have done this." Orla challenged.

"I do, I love you so much, I wanted to tell you so badly, I just didn't want to risk your or Polly's lives." Paul insisted, his hand scratching the back of his neck as he did so.

"You could have told me when we fucked at your parents house, or in the three months you lived with me. Don't lie to me." Orla fumed, she couldn't believe he had lied to her for what was now nearly a whole year.

"Listen, I'm so sorry." Paul said tearfully, "Just eat your fucking food and leave Paul." Orla pledged.

"Orla please. Just let me-" Paul shook his head, he wasn't sure what reaction he was expecting, but this certainly was not it.

"I'm going to go to bed, I want you to still go, You're meant to be leaving in half an hour, If you're not gone by eleven I'm going to take this ring off." She warned him.

"Orla please." Paul cried. "I need time to think, Please just leave me alone Paul." Orla said pleadingly

"Do you still love me?" Paul almost sounded as if he was begging as he said that.

"Don't ask me that." Orla said before turning up the stairs, once she was in the bathroom, she let herself burst into tears.

Her chest felt heavy, her mouth dry, her head dizzy, she knew what was happening, but she was helpless to stop it. She felt so betrayed by him, she turned the shower on, and got inside of it once she'd taken her clothes off, it was a distraction, just until he was gone.

Once Paul had left, Orla had gotten out of the shower, and cried over the sink for a few minutes before she went downstairs, she found her phone, and dialed the first number that came up.

Within an hour Ella Hunt and Tilly Keeper were at either side of her, Ella had stopped at a petrol station near by and had gotten cheap wine, and Tilly had done the same, though she had gotten Ice cream and chocolates instead of wine.

EM TALKS
paulorla divorce era has started yall

EM TALKS paulorla divorce era has started yall