O23'

MAY 2023
may 19th

Orla Finneran was sat on the bathroom floor of her hotel room, sobbing softly to herself as she stared down at four positive pregnancy tests. She was unaware Paul was even out of the Pool until he opened the door and looked down at Orla, She sensed he was there and turned to look up at him. "Paul" Orla began, her tear stained face was looking back up to him as he stared at the tests. "You did this on purpose, didn't you"  Paul began

"Excuse me"  Orla scoffed. "How could i be so fucking daft, you're.." Paul trailed off "Spit it out, im what?" Orla retorted "Manipu-" Paul began but Orla cut him off. "We've already got a fucking daughter together Paul" She scoffed.

"As much as I love her, I never wanted to be a father, at least not so fucking young!" Paul exclaimed defensively, he wasn't even sure it was true but he wanted to hurt her, to somewhat battle the mix of emotions he was feeling but couldn't quite make it out.

Orla looked so upset he regretted saying it almost immediately, but he wanted to make sure she understood he was upset. "I told you, several times you didn't have to be her father, you agreed to it." Orla scoffed, she had checked with him about being Ivy's father so many times and he had never said he wasn't sure about it.

"I would have been wracked with guilt if I hadn't." Paul replied "So this is about your ego? I'm fucking done, I'm going for a fucking walk" Orla exclaimed, hoping that leaving him with his thoughts would settle his anger "Take your fucking time!" Paul yelled as she slammed the hotel room door behind her, she knew where Ivy was and was planning on picking her up after she'd come back from her walk which was really just her sitting in the bar of the hotel and drinking as many Pepsi's as her bladder could handle before needing a pee, after which she'd go to the toilet and repeat the cycle, most likely using her phone for the entirety of it.

Orla returned to the hotel room with two cups of Pepsi in her hand knocking the door with a finger and hoping to god Paul wouldn't be the one to answer the door. She let out a groan as she saw Paul opening the door. Instead of speaking to him she walked past him and sat herself in Ivy's room which had a double bed the same size as Paul and Orla's and layed herself on it, plugging her phone in and going on it as she heard Paul move around the living room kitchen area. "You're stropping?" Paul scoffed "Fuck off you posh maynooth, self absorbed  cunt!." Orla yelled resulting in Paul shutting the door and audibly groaning.

MAY 2023
may 22nd

Orla went to bed without dinner that evening, and Ivy slept with her, she had managed to go two more days without speaking to Paul before he walked into the living room area while she was watching the TV. "Are we going to talk about this?" Paul asked her.

"What'd you want to talk about? I'm not fucking getting rid of it, you can do whatever you fucking please, but I'm going to raise this fucking baby because I want it, I could not give a fuck about your wounded fucking ego. I don't know what you think you're going to get from me Paul." Orla told him sharply "You're not even hearing me out." He scoffed, watching as she sat down across from him.

"I can't even get rid of the baby anyway! I'm fucking three and a half months gone according to another test I took." Orla exclaimed, there was a long pause. "Valentines?" Paul asked almost silently.

"Yes fucking Valentines, though fuck knows why I spent it with someone who doesn't even love me, or our daughter." Orla replied."I never said that." Paul exclaimed defensively "You said you never wanted to be a father, right? And you didn't say anything for the past four years of her life. So why should I believe you when you say that you love me, then turn around and try to call me manipulative." Orla scoffed.

"Orla." Paul said softly, he had regretted the first argument, but he couldn't speak to Orla because she was upset with him, which he supposed she had every right to be; he still didn't know how he felt about this second baby, but now he knew there was legally no way she could get rid of it due to Tory Men who thought women should have no control over their own bodies. He hadn't thought everything through enough. Everything was all too much pressure too quickly.

"No, you don't get to be fucking nice to me, we're going home tomorrow, you'll go on another flight to visit your family like it was planned and I'll stay with Ivy. If you actually feel any kind of remorse you'll tell me when you come back, If not, you can move out, We can talk about split custody of Ivy and then I can just say I got pregnant by a sperm donor or something. I have a lot more I could say to you but unlike you I have more self control and respect for someone I thought was the love of my life." Orla told him tearfully, it killed him to see Orla upset and knew that he was the reason.

"You think I'm the love of your life?" Paul asked her  "Yes, fuck maybe. I don't know. I can't do all this right now, two weeks, and then you can tell me how you really feel, have time to think about it. Any later than that, and i'm kicking you out of the house." Orla said between sobs. Once Paul looked into her eyes she got up and went into Ivy'd bedroom where she was already sleeping.

The next day they went back home, at the airport Paul was made to go back to departures while Orla left with Ivy, returning home to her house where some Polaroids Paul had taken of her sat. She considered binning them but placed them on a pile on his beside table and laid in their bed with Ivy

EM TALKS

this was an emotional rollercoaster of a chapter i love angst <3 but also i want them to be happy

i love angst <3 but also i want them to be happy

was originally gonna dial the angst up way higher but i had to be talked out of it ... 😁 so ty to the kie and such for stopping me.. because it would have very much pissed you all off .... even more so than this chapter did 🧍‍♀️ anyways

ty for reading and i hope you enjoyed!