O22'

MAY 2023
may 18th

Orla Finneran was incredibly tired as she got out of the taxi that parked itself a few meters away from the steps that lead to the entrance of Portaventura.

"Paul, I love you but there is no way in hell I'm walking about everywhere today, we can use the train."  Orla said remembering how they'd looped around the park about four times last time they'd been there "Ivy'd get tired, I think it's a good idea." Paul nodded which made Orla let out a breath of relief. "Where to first?" Paul asked "Sesame world, get that done with and we can take turns going on the big stuff and go on little things with her together." Orla told him.

An hour into waiting for a ride that stood above all the other rides and looked down Orla let out a loud groan and leant her face into Paul's shoulder. "I regret coming here." Orla muttered. "We're nearly there."
"Half the people infront of us have been told they can't ride."
"Ivy's got my height we can lie about her age if needs be."
"I am not short." Orla began "I didn't say that, just said Ivy's not. Which we can use to our benefit."
"Maybe my fanny practically getting torn in half while you watched like a Lego figure from the side was worth it." Orla joked which caused Paul to laugh, Ivy's birth was .. memorable as a bystander he couldn't even begin to fathom how much pain Orla was in.

"If we." Paul began, "There's a gap." A woman behind them said. Orla glared at the woman and her freckly ginger son who had more gaps in his mouth than he did teeth. "Alright, we've been waiting here even longer than you have, stop complaining." Orla told her spitefully. "Cow." The woman muttered. "Yeah and you're a ugly bitch." Orla began

Paul practically had to pick Orla up and move her in front of him as to stop a potential argument. After ten more minutes of waiting the cart for them finally arrived. "How old?" The operator asked pointing at Ivy. "Six." Paul told him. "You have her young?" The man asked Orla "Yeah, can we get on now." Paul groaned "Of course."

"This ride is so fucking boring." Orla muttered, leaning back to talk to Paul since she had to sit next to Ivy to keep her safe. "She wanted to go on here, we can take her on the dark ride and go elsewhere if you want." Paul offered "No we can stay here, if she wants to go on anything she'll let us know." Orla told him, Ivy was also tired, Orla knew them going down to the beach yesterday was a bad idea but Paul wanted to get gifts for people, and Orla wanted too aswell.

"She reckons she's too old for this stuff but the second we get into that gift shop she's going to beg for a teddy." Orla added after a moment "I might get a key ring." Paul suggested, the key rings were vastly overpriced for what they were, but they were a memory holder nonetheless.

"Sounds good." Orla nodded. Paul nodded and wondered wether Orla had told Ella that they were now official, a barman had asked Paul if his girlfriend wanted a refill, and Paul didn't stop him, he supposed it just felt right, which resulted in Orla questioning him on it, and Paul calling him his girlfriend again for the first time in years.

"I wish we'd have bought someone to watch her here with us. I haven't even gotten to wear my dress yet." Orla told him "Your dress?" He questioned, how eyebrows furrowed "The one I bought for you specifically in mind." Orla smirked "Sounds... intriguing." Paul said quietly "I had a line I was going to say to you and everything ready." Orla nodded.

"You did?" He questioned "Yep. I wanted to get myself all ready, and then once we'd eaten and Ivy had gone to bed I was planning to undo my hair and sit myself on your lap, had it all planned out but we've never been able to get around to it." Orla explained "Sounds.. nice." Paul said, trying to keep what he was saying P-G.

Orla let out a heavy sigh of relief once they'd gotten off the ride, and walked down the exit steps. "Iv do you wanna go on anything else or go to the ride we told you about?" Orla asked her daughter. "Your ride." Ivy told her mother who nodded. "Daddy, Up?" Ivy asked her father who nodded and picked her up, Orla grinned widely watching Ivy lay her head against Paul's shoulder as she smiled. "You two look adorable." Orla told him.

After they'd gone on the dark ride and went to watch a parrot show in a nearby section, and then gone on a teacup ride, Paul and Orla had agreed that they were both hungry and made their way to the food section at the very front of the park where they both got a crepe with topping, Ivy had a waffle with Nutella and Brownie bits that she didn't like and therefore fed to her parents.

After eating they'd decided they'd spend the other two hours in the Western section and went on a carousel, Paul and Ivy went on an airplane ride and bumper-cars and Orla took Ivy to do a hook-a-duck which resulted in Orla winning Ivy a massive Cookie Monster teddy.

By the time they were done the parks were closing, Once they'd left and gotten into the taxi Orla opened her phone and saw a message from Tilly with a link, she clicked on that link and saw a tweet with a photo someone had taken of them.

She doubted it had been taken by the account itself, and was probably sent in anonymously.

paulmescalfiles tweeted!

Orla showed Paul who let out a small sigh

Orla showed Paul who let out a small sigh. "Let's not worry about it, neither of us are all that active on social media at the moment, we can go back to the hotel, have dinner, maybe get a drink or two and then go to bed." Paul told her, Orla nodded and leant her head onto his shoulder, trying to suppress worries that she was pregnant, she wasn't sure.

She didn't understand those women who said "I could just feel it." She hadn't gotten it with Ivy and it had made her worry she would be a bad mother, she decided she would slip away to a local pharmacy tomorrow and buy some tests while Paul did something with Ivy.

Orla didn't know how she felt about possibly being pregnant, or how Paul would react.

EM TALKS
sorry this took a while, my wifi in my actual new house won't work, someone's coming to fix it today so im hoping to update regularly soon.

anyway have this pic of paul