OO6'

Orla woke up at 6 am with her things already sorted, her and Ivy's suitcases against the wall of the hallway downstairs and Ivy asleep in bed with her, Orla didn't usually let her sleep in her bed. However Ivy had asked her last night and Orla was too tired to Argue over why her daughter could not stay in her bed.

Once Orla had dressed herself and done her skincare and hair she woke her daughter up, telling her that her dad would be here soon because they needed to drive all the way to Heathrow which would take them much longer than it should to go see her grandparents, which resulted in Ivy getting up immediately and letting her mother wash and dry her hair for her. Which meant by half nine both Orla and Ivy were ready and waiting for Paul to Arrive.

At half past ten he finally did, Orla let him go inside while she put the suitcases into the car though there was never a verbal exchange about it happening. Orla's bag was sat on the kitchen counter next to Ivy's which Paul grabbed. Once they were all in the Car Orla noticed her bag was missing and had to run back in to get it, the entire situation escalated her anxiety about the flight.

She wasn't scared of flying, the situation just made her nerves uneasy. Orla in and of herself was a naturally anxious person, covid had definitely hiked it up a tone though.

The drive there was almost silent, save Ivy's iPad games noises. Orla had noticed Paul hadn't said a word to her which irritated her, A lot actually. Once they parked in Heathrow Orla got Ivy out of the car while Paul got the suitcases out. Orla tried to put Ivy onto the floor however that caused Ivy to hold onto her mother even tighter. Orla grabbed her own suitcase and went to grab Ivy's when Paul took a hold of it after locking the car. "Where are we going?" Ivy asked her mother. "We're going on an airplane in a few hours sweetheart." Orla told her daughter.

"To America?" Ivy asked, knowing the last flight she'd gone on was to America "No to see your grandparents Iv." Paul told her, Ivy nodded. "What about grandpa? Are we not visiting him?" Ivy asked her mother as they entered the airport and began walking to the queue for their flight.

"No Sweetheart we can do that when we come back." Orla told her daughter. Orla made an effort every year to visit her father's grave at Christmas and whenever she could, however missing this one Christmas wouldn't be a massive issue.

The process of getting all their suitcases checked in and going through security took way longer than it should've, which resulted in their waiting time only being around half an hour.

Orla hurried herself to the cartons of cigarette's duty free had, she skimmed her eyes over them before picking a box and taking it to the counter while Ivy was walking around the other side looking for anything that peaked her interest. "Ivy, do you want to get something to eat before we go on the plane?" Orla asked her daughter. Which resulted in Ivy running away from Paul towards Orla. "McDonald's?" Ivy asked her mother which resulted in Orla nodding as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the duty-free section towards the food court.

Once Ivy had gotten a happy meal Orla let Paul go into the closest shop that sold cans of coke at a reasonable price and given him £5 to buy some knowing the scandalous price airports hiked their products up to. By the time he was done Orla was anxious about them missing their flight.

Which resulted in the two of them grabbing their things and Ivy before hurrying to seat at their gate. Paul and Orla had barley said a word to eachother which frustrated Orla, she supposed she could have upset him but she wasn't sure how. Was he not interested in her at all and couldn't find a way to break it to her? She couldn't come up with a clear answer and it infuriated her.

The flight was relatively short but it was extremely awkward nonetheless. The car ride to Maynooth afterwards was just as awkward. Ivy had fallen asleep on the car ride which Orla wished she could do.

Once they'd arrived they'd noticed Paul's parents were gone which resulted in the three of them sitting around the house until eight in the evening when Orla went up to bed after having put Ivy down in the spare room that was allocated for her an hour and a half before.

Orla was stood in the bathroom doing her skincare for the night when Paul walked in, After a few moments Orla turned to him. "Do you have a problem with me?" Orla asked him plainly. "What?" Paul asked slightly taken aback.

"You've been avoiding me ever since the other night, I mean you left the house for fucks sake." Orla replied "I.. I left because you were." Paul waffled "Because I was what? If you don't want to see me anymore than handing Ivy over that's fucking fine but don't play with my emotions you posh maynooth fuck." Orla exclaimed.

"Playing with your emotions?" Paul scoffed. "You're the one who's got a fucking boyfriend." Paul added "Who the fuck?" Orla chuckled in disbelief.

"Taron." Paul replied quickly "Taron? you've got to be taking the piss. I set him up with his new girlfriend but sure I'm definitely shagging him." Orla scoffed "So you're not?" Paul asked "No, he's just been a good friend to me since all the shit with my brother." Orla told him.

"What shit with your brother?" Paul asked taking a step towards her "Same usual shit, I'm a stupid little girl who would make my dad turn in his fucking grave. Taron's been nice. I don't have to excuse myself to you."  Orla told him as placed a hand over hers.

She looked up at him and relaxed her face "I'm sorry." She said before he cupped her face and kissed her.

GWEN TALKS
not one shred of social media this chapter but it's okay.. we move you got 1K words so i don't feel guilty about not including any pics

have gifs of  tiffany mitchell

i did not proofread this so if its shit im sorry