Chapter - 53

Mia POV-

Roshni must have taken her sweet time to discuss the themes and decor of her wedding function! They all are just impeccable and gorgeous!
Makes me wonder how long was this going on in between her and Rishab sir.

As always I was late for the haldi. Tonight is the marriage so Shilpi aunty had called me in her room to decide for my outfit, mom was in there too who was very much enjoying my state. My state you may ask- Shilpi aunty is sweet, no doubt in that, but whenever I'm around her I automatically behaves so timid like she is my kadoos principal or boss who would scold me for the tiniest error in my uniform or anything. But I know she won't, she is so damn understanding- it's the saas effect I guess.

I rushed into the venue while checking my phone for any missed call

I rushed into the venue while checking my phone for any missed call. I entered the garden and was about to look up  but I was collided with someone.
A gasp escaped my mouth and my eyes closed. A strong arm snaked around my waist and to support myself my hands reached up and held on the shoulder of Vaarin. I felt feather like things falling on my face. Flower petals! I could smell it!
The arm felt weirdly familiar but it is not .....

I open my eyes to see a black pair of eyes, for a moment I did think it was Vaarin but it is not possible he is always near me but I know he is always with me!

I know this guy! But from where!? He is so familiar , where have I seen him??

I didn't realise because of my inner contemplation we had been in the same position for a few minutes. The plate filled with flower that he could be holding was now lying on the ground.

A coughing sound broke my trance, I turned my head to look at my side and there they were - Vaarin and Alex.
Alex had cheeky smile on his face while Vaarin had a scowl. And that was sign to back off for the dude.

Vaarin quickly come near me and my face showed fear for a sec but as soon as his warm embrace covered the fear was long gone. I hugged back and tightly squeezed his body as assurance.

He is scared, for me! He is so concerned, for me!
That is all I always wanted!

He moved back and held both of my cheeks I kept my hands upon his.
"You okay na?" I nodded as no words could come out of my mouth.
He squeezed cheeks and my lips puckered.

"What will I do with you and clumsy-ness" and gave a chaste peck on my lips.
I just smiled at his statement.
He held my hand started to leave after saying lets go.

"Vaarin, one minute" I closed my one eyes and made a face as I freed my arms from his grip.

I turned around to find Alex talking to the guy who saved me from a concussion.

"Hey, thank you for the help! I really appreciate it! If not you I guess I would have had a very bad head ache and not being able to attend the marriage" I tried to express my gratefulness with a smile and eye contact but his unwavering eyes from me gave me goosebumps which led to me blabbering.