Chapter - 46

Mia POV -

I was trying hard to concentrate on the talking which are happening at our table, Amyra and Naruvi di were talking about something, I didn't even care to know what they were talking about. Whenever they will look at me I will smile and nod like yea I'm present here.

My mind again and again was going to the conversation Vaarin and I had in the car. He was not wrong, I have given my sweat and blood to the company to make it what it is now.

And for god sake I don't want to think what will Advik turn it into, he has another business to handle as well. And seeing what I created with so much passion going down will never give me inner peace.

Inner peace!? Do I have it now? I won't have it until I'm all sorted! There are so many whats and ifs that I don't even know where I stand anymore.

A melodious voice entered my ear and broke out of my irrelevant musings.
My eyes went up to meet with my favorite pair of eyes. It's him! he is singing!!

He stares back at me with so much in his eyes.

He scrunched his eyes, still looking at me as he sang - " Oh jaane Jaan, dono jahan meri bahon mai ah bhool jaaaa,

Oh jaane Jaan, dono jahan meri bahon mai ah bhool jaaaa ahh"

I just sit there, hands on my hand, leaned back, Naruvi di and Amyra giving each other a cheeky smile maybe but do I care, no!

I just look at that man who is now looking at his guitar strings and still singing. I ogle him like he is my whole goddamn world!

Did he just miss the part "baby I love you"

But I didn't care.. I could understand.

Or maybe I was so damn mesmerized by his voice. I was staring at him like he is the only one present there. I knew he is singing for me the eyes contact gave it all. I'm grateful he did, these small things always makes me feel euphoria, at least for a minute or when I'm with him.

'kuch toh zaroor hai
Yeh dooriyan jeene na de
Haal Mera tujhe na pata
Oh jaane Jaan
Dono jahan
Meri bahon mei ahh bhool jaaa'

There is something, something there stopping us to get close and voice out our feelings. What's that? I don't know!

Even If I'm not sure about how I feel for him (which in the moment seems like a crime to think, like damn I'm in so fricking much love with this guy, but still) he is still and will always be the most perfect guy I would dream of, maybe something missing here and there but we always can't get it all.

He keeps the guitar down and the band member collect it from there. As there was a little applause from the audience, majority of them didn't even notice as they were busy in their evenings. I was awestruck to even move any of my muscles. He comes straight to where I'm sitting, eyes in my eyes, a hand in his pocket. The intensity of his eyes make me look down and hide the unknown smile.

"Lo here comes our lover boy" Naruvi commented, and then whistled lightly and I looked more down to hide my smile and shyness.

I scooted inside to make space for him to sit. He sits like he owns this place, maybe he does, who knows.

"Naruvi , did you hear Vaarin singing too? Or was it all my imagination?" Rishab sir showed up with a drink in his hands

"Why will you imagine me singing Rishab!"

I suppressed the urge to wish him good evening, like I'm not his employee anymore. It's been years I had left that job but all that seems so afresh, Vaarin and my meeting at the beach seems too afresh.

I again let my self sink into the memories, being completely unaware of my surroundings!

That day he just showed up to talk to me, I never believed a guy like him would want to be my friend willingly. Sam, me and Alex became friends at different circumstances.

And oh my god ! The way he purposed me it was, it was so unrealistic! Firecrackers and flowers! But I fucking ruined it. A sad sigh came out of my lips but I was soon snapped out of it when I hear my name being called.

I look up to see waiter staring at me.

"Huh?" I voices out, looking confused as ever.

"Mia" Vaarin whisper in my ears to give me all goosebumps. "He is here to tell you that Roshni Mehra is here to see you"

I got lost in his eyes for a minute but when his words sank into me I moved forward.

"Ya ya, I called her, we had few things to talk about" I collect my phone. Being embarassed about how bothered Vaarin made me.

I look at our little audience about which I completely forgot about "if you guys don't mind"
Why am I so tremendously lost today!

"Oh no, it's fine" I didn't know who said it but I get up from the seat.

I looked into Vaarin's eye as I say " I would be back soon" it would have been easy to leave the table if the little crowd wasn't here.
Vaarin's 4 or 5 more cousins were here whose I remember face but not name.

They must have joined us when I was busy in my own world.

"Don't worry , you go out rarely so take as much time you need" he squeezed my hand as he got out to make space for me to leave.

From my peripheral view I saw a rigid Rishab sir!

Dang, three years woman three years and you still call him sir!

I get out the table and follow the waiter.

---------
Now what kind of "author" will I be if I don't keep any suspense here.

There conversation might be a flashback or it might be useless, who knows
----------

Here you gooo..
Manage with short updates for now
I will try writing big chapters
But I guess small is better than nothing. I wasn't about to post it I thought to extend it but then I didn't want to make you guys wait more.

Thank you ❤️
Ik a boring chapter... But Idk, ily 💗

Byeee
Take care
Yours,
J 💕

15/08/22