Chapter - 39

Mia POV-

When I heard more than two footsteps I got confused.

"Vaarin, who is there?" I tried to get the look of the person walking with Vaarin when they crossed the hollow shelf which made it easier to see what's going in the living room from the kitchen and Vice Versa. But because Vaarin was walking at the shelf side I couldn't get the look of the other person.

I slowly walked towards the entrance of the kitchen.
Never did any of our family members have come here, I mean even if they would they will at least announce, right?

"Advik?" The words left my lips when I saw him standing there with Vaarin.

He has disappeared somewhere from the last 15 days, as much I was informed was that he has gone to his parents.

He smiled looking at me but I was too confused. He came to my place unannounced and for what?

If I didn't know his little plans of separating me and Vaarin I would have been happy to see him.

"Yes, Advik, the one and only," he said as he came towards me.

Before I could do anything he hugged me. I was shocked but then my eyes landed on Vaarin who had a clenched his teeth.

I didn't hug Advik back but after a few seconds, I pushed him back politely.

"Advik? What are you doing here??.." It sounded too rude so I reframed and said "I... I mean it's such a surprise to see you here." I was surprised for sure but happy or sad surprised, I knew very well.

"Yup, surprise, surprise!!" He said with a smile and kept all the bags he was carrying on the kitchen slab "So, did you like my surprise?" He asked looking at me hopefully!

Damn me for being so sensitive about other people's feelings. Well, Advik was one of my good friends.

I smiled for a sec
"Umm, it's good to see you after long" I didn't know if it was a lie or a truth.

But he was acting like the old carefree Advik.
From when he has known about my and Vaarin's engagement he was acting all grumpy, stupid, and annoying. Which is understandable but not acceptable.

"Umm, then I will take that as you liked it" he replied.

"Yaa" I said as I looked at Vaarin.
"Anyways what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh, ya" he said as he dug into his shopping bags.
"You know, I visited my mom and dad recently and as always they sent lots of gifts for you"

It was strange, why the heck is he acting like he wasn't the one acting all arrogant to me from almost the last 2 months?

"As they consider you more as their own child, more than me" he chuckled. I looked at Vaarin, he gave me a glance, he wasn't pleased by our unexpected guest either as guessed.

I couldn't concentrate on Advik's talk. I and Vaarin just looked into each other eyes, and suddenly he left from there and walked to our room.

I opened my mouth to stop him but then "AA, Aadvik, how about you make yourself comfortable? See something if you want something... I will be back in a minute" I, at last, removed my eyes from the room door and looked at him, he followed my gaze and looked at the gate from his shoulder.

He stopped talking, looked down as if he understood why I wanted to leave.

I smiled at him before leaving.

I opened and closed the door after entering.

"Vaarin?" I asked but as a reply, it was just silence. Only then do I hear a few rustlings from the closet. I entered to see Vaarin throwing things here and there, trying to find something.