Chapter - 29

Mia POV-

People were roaming here and there after the anchor walked off the podium. I and Vaarin awkwardly sat beside each other, straight backbone. I wanted to go out of here.

Or maybe you want to talk to him!

Yes, I want to talk to him, talk to him carelessly like how we used to do at the beach, in the garden, in his room. I want him to play the guitar again, I want us to spend time together!
But not with these old ugly memories, not the memory of him kidnapping, not the memory of me breaking his heart like it didn't hurt me!

Why the fuck did all this happened in the first place? Couldn't this be normal? Why the fuck does the power above have to mess up my business every other day?

I'm done, previously pretending to hate Vaarin and think I'm over him and now I'm done being the silent one. I want to tell him the truth and at the same time I want us to forget everything, everything that happened- either start it fresh or end it. I don't want him to know how foolish I am or was.

I'm shit scared, anxious, and not at all optimistic.

I frowned my eyebrow as I took in a breath of annoyance.
This headache is killing me.

I want to go out of here.
I whined like a baby in my head, being the coward I'm I couldn't stand the environment anymore

Just a few hours more and I will be out of here-

"Why don't we make the couple dance?" I heard a whisper from behind my sofa.

Oh fuck noooo, my eyes were wide enough to match eggs.

First of all, A dance, A fucking freaking dance hell Nah. I don't remember the last time I danced in public.  It's not like I can't dance I will give myself an 8 out of 10 but the last time I danced was in middle school. Thanks to my shy self and social anxiety that I couldn't do it anymore

AND SECOND OF ALL, A FUCKING DANCE WITH VAARIN. Oh you bet, we haven't even talked, I don't remember the last time I heard his voice. He hasn't said what he feels about this wedding and all, maybe he has already planned a way out of it. I don't think he will even agree to dance with me.

And hello, what about consent, I'm not dancing, Nope, No, Never.

I leaned back on the sofa with a huff and determination of not getting up.

The sofa was already very small, my naked waist rubbed with his clothed one. I don't know about him but it definitely got me tingles.

Such a desperate girl I'm! Blame it on my body, always so sensitive!

"Oh my so beautiful couple, do you guys need anything?" Shilpa Aunty asked

"Mom, I need to go to the washroom" Vaarin whispered to her, his voice was so different yet so similar to my ears. I consciously never knew how much have I missed it, missed him talking to me or doing all the fun things or just sitting together saying nothing just there.

I internally laughed but when the thought that maybe he couldn't even bear my presence hurt me a bit.

I didn't realize when the warmth of the beside seat was replaced by cool air.

"What about you, Mia? Do you need something?" Shilpa aunty said with a sweet smile.

I just shook my head in no with a smile, which could win the best fake smile award.

"Oh, what about you and Vaarin? have you guys talked?" My smile dropped.

What should I tell her?
That she doing this all for us and I don't have guts to talk to her dear son, who I think I hate and Like at the same time?