Chapter- 32

Back to the day when they met in the hotel, after meeting each other at Mia's home for the marriage alliance.

Vaarin POV-

The sun was set.
Mia has left probably 2 to 3 hours ago.
I was still strolling near the swimming pool.

What if I hadn't said her to say no to this marriage? What would have she said?

What else a no? She is stubborn enough, no one can force her.

Like you didn't--

I released a sigh.

Why does she have to return to my life when I had planned to move on? Why did mom have to bring her back to me now!

How long did she know about us?

If she knows about it then I'm sure she will not back off until she ties me with Mia.

The only way out of me, for us, is when Mia will say no.

Mom will for sure not force Mia into this but.. manipulate, she is great in that.

Suddenly anxiety take over me!

What I'm more scared about - Mia getting manipulated and saying yes? Or that I will have to marry her, the person whom I swore a few days ago not to think of ever again?

When did she even leave your brain in the first place...

My phone rang to bring me out of my conflict with myself.

"Hello" I unconsciously answered the phone call thinking of it as one of my business calls.

"Vaarin, ahh you won't believe what I'm about to tell you!" My mom's excited voice boomed from my phone.

I frowned "Mom what happened?"
Somehow her excited voice made me cautious.

"Do you know what happened?"
Why is she so over-excited?

"N..no?" I answered still with a frown.

"No?" She seemed confused
"Ohh" she laughed
"How would you know... I haven't told you yet" she laughed again.

What is wrong with her?

"Mom" I whined, eager to know the reason for her excitement.

What could it be? Did she crack a deal? She was never this happy even when she got the deal she worked day and night for!

"Okay okay, you are such a champ my boy!"

What did I do?
With each passing second, my frown was getting deeper and I was getting more and more confused

"What did I do?" I thought

"Mia said yes for the marriage"
Everything seemed to stop around me. The waitress who was carrying drinks to the guest looked as if she was walking in slow motion to me.

She said yes? Mia made it clear she doesn't want to marry me! Then what is this! I told her I don't want to marry her... Heck, I want to move on from her! What is the point in entering my life again! Just make it more messed up? Is that what she wants? Make me suffer more?

"You must have swoon her off her feet in the meeting, she was so shy!!
Oh gosh, I have to prepare for your engagement it's just after 2 weeks" she said in a way that told me she was deprived of air.

"Mom-"

"I don't even have time to breathe now, my child is gonna get engaged. I have to get to work! I will see you at dinner sweetheart"