Chapter - 27

Writer POV-

Mia opens her house gate with lots of negative thoughts running through her mind. Making her believe how much of an idiot she is and was.

Suddenly she was engulfed in a hug. She looked up, panicked. Not able to understand why her mom was so happy! And not able to breathe too.

Her reaction turned weird when she saw her brother in a grumpy mood, 'well he is always grumpy' she thought.

"Oh god, Mia! Why didn't you told us that you knew Vaarin for before?" Her mother squealed. Mia looked at her mother unbelievably.

'how come they know about it? Why is she happy about it?' her thought made her frown hard.

"How come you know about it?" Mia asked without thinking.

"Ahre, Naruvi, and Shilpa Ji came at home, they just went." Her mom made her sit on the sofa and Mia finally closed her mouth. Her brother rolled his eyes and sat beside their mother.

"Naruvi had few pictures of her wedding, it looked like they spent much money on her wedding" her mother looked lost in her thought, Mia sat silently waiting for her to complete.

"Ha, so she showed us few pictures. I saw you and Vaarin together in lots of pictures. I saw in a video you were working and he was walking behind you like a lost puppy. We 3 had such a good laugh!" Her mom laughed again.

'Oh shit! The Mehendi. Vaarin was behind me all time because Naruvi di's friend surrounded her and he was bored. He followed me the whole time. It was before the kiss was about to happen!' Mia's mind went back to the memories.

"Why didn't you told me about it?" Her mom bought her back to reality.

She got up from the sofa "it was two years ago Mumma. We just met during my practice. Nothing much" Mia poured herself a glass of water.

"We never met after that" Mia lied to see if her mom knew something more. Utkarsh, not in the scene anymore.

Her mom who looked lost in her thought got up and went towards her.

"Okay leave it! How was your meeting? Vaarin's mom came with so many things today! She said she had already planned the engagement!" Mia choked on her water.

Her mom rubbed her back
"Mom, what is this? My engagement? Are you insane? How can you -" Mia was cut off.

"Shilpa Ji told me that after you left Vaarin called her and said yes. She looked pretty sure that she wants you to be her daughter more than a daughter-in-law." Her mom all excitement leaving her body

She kept her hand on Mia's shoulder and gave her an 'its' about you, and I'm thinking about you' look.

"Look, Mia who you want to marry is on you, I know Vaarin is not from our caste but he has lots of luxury. And I don't think anyone cares about the caste now, I and your dad will just want the best for you. Otherwise, I will only say" her mom heaved a sigh

"do what you want! You always do what you want! I or anyone can't force you in anything" her mom's voice had more sweetness than sarcasm. Mia the whole time was just so done with her fate and the bad luck.

"And I have sent you Shilpa Ji's number. Call her, She wanted to talk to you before you come to a conclusion. I told her you don't listen to us and do what you want so she said she would like to talk to you." Her mom after ages kept her hands on Mia's cheek looked at her lovingly. Mia's anger vanishing in thin air.

And that is Mia's weakness, a little love she will melt like ice.

"Think about it. We will always want the best for you. Plus you and Vaarin already know each other it won't be a problem for you two. And as far as the caste and nationality then I and your dad don't care about it till the family is nice. Your dad talked to your dada and he said the same, nowadays it's the happiness of the child, Okay Mia? Think about it don't be impulsive!" Mia was shocked, S H O C K E D.