Chapter - 28

Mia POV-

I lazily woke up to see my room door opened and AC switched off.

I with closed eyes came out of my room as I heard my dad chanting mantras and some sizzling of food my mom or maybe Seema di was making. I then heard the flush sound when I crossed the hall bathroom, thinking it's my brother inside I made my way into the living room.

I fall on the couch with my eyes still close.

"Uff Mia you have a flight to catch in the evening and is this what you are doing?" I heard my mom and I ignored her.

It's been three days since my not-so-direct yes to marrying Vaarin, of course, Shilpa aunty told Mumma and papa that but I'm still trying to ignore the marriage how much possible so that I don't remember how fucked up my life is.. it works a little bit. Like imagine a person likes you but becomes an ass and then you get punished for being an ass by not receiving back whatever you feel for the same person whom you kicked out of your life.

And in my case, I'm marrying that guy. It was supposed to be a happy decision that had to make me happy, not depressed. Now I and Vaarin for our whole life will take each other as a burden, not me but maybe him.. what if he doesn't like me? Heck, what if we get divorced? what if we cheat!! fuck there are lots of, unstoppable and uncountable what if!

I released a dramatic cry and took a couch pillow over my head, to help me release my anxiety by holding something tightly and to prevent my sleep from that ass of a cooker's whistle.

"Mia, don't sleep like that When there is someone sitting to meet you" I was confused, not able to process whatever my mom said.

"Mia, don't sleep get up" Here comes my dad's voice, I knew he must have come out with some incense stick in his hand, According to him sleeping, fancy food, fancy clothes, and everything is luxury and as a human being we should stay very far away from it like saints and only take how much needed, He is a sneakerhead btw.

I growled again as I sat with my eyes closed, and kept my bare legs up on the coffee table, and leaned back very nicely. I heard the door closing, my dad came back after showing the incense stick from outside. "Mia, sit straight" and this time I didn't follow him.

I heard my mom chuckling but I kept my eyes closed, it felt like they were stuck to each other.

"Vaarin bhaiya-"

"He is your Jiju Utkarsh" I heard my mom and I jolted up

"What the fish" I kind of screamed. I found Vaarin sitting on the other Sofa looking at me with a little smug while my brother stood beside his sofa.

'What is he doing here?' After talking to aunty, it had been 3 days, and I haven't seen Vaarin even once. It's not like he asked to meet me for anything but even if he did I would have not shown up.

I stood up from the sofa and went to the kitchen

"Mumma-" I wanted to ask what he was doing here but I was cut off

"Mia, I have chop the vegetable. Make white sauce pasta na beta. Utkarsh loves it when you make it" She said casually.

I glared at her as I folded my hands on my chest.

"Oh really, what is he doing here?" I whispered yelled at her, trying not to let the person who has been invading my every thought - Romantic and scary to precise - hear it

"Who he?' My mom questioned like a confused baby

"Who? HEE" I said as I pointed my hands to the living room. Even though there wasn't a lot of space between the living room and kitchen but I was grateful to the curtains for the first time who always stick to my food.