Family adventures

Dani POV

Today is the day. We are officially 13 weeks pregnant and it's time to tell the family. I'm so nervous and I don't know what to do, my anxiety is through the roof and I keep on having bad dreams about Lisa throwing me out of the house after we tell her. I don't think I've had a good night sleep in a few weeks. Chris keeps trying to reassure me but it's not really working. It's 2am and I'm stood in the kitchen, sipping on a glass of  milk and barely keeping my eyes open. I feel my eyes closing and my head becoming heavy.

"Dani" I hear whispered in my ear. Lifting my head I see I'm no longer in Chris's kitchen I'm outside. In a beautiful green garden, surrounded my beautiful flowers and big giant oak trees. I look down and see my stomach is big, big and pregnant. I wearing a white sundress and I'm bare foot.
"Dani" I hear again and I turn to follow the sound. As I look I see Gracie standing there, smiling at me.
"Grace?" I whisper and she walks towards me.

"Hey big sister"
"Grace what...."
"Your dreaming Dani, your exhausted and your mind bought you here"
"But.....Grace I......"
"I know Dani, you're scared to tell the Evans family about the baby" she points at my stomach.
"Everything has happened so quickly and I don't know how there going to feel about it"
"Dani. They all love you. You and Chris have been doing this dance for many years. All of us seeing how you both felt but you both being far too stubborn to admit it. You were always the stubborn one Dani"

I can't help but giggle because I knew she was right.
"Dani, you don't have to worry. You have never believed that you had a family apart from me. But that's not true, meeting Chris and Scott that night that bought a family to us. A family that has been by our side since that moment. Chris, Scott, Lisa, Shanna and Carly are your family and they love you and they will love your baby too"
"How can you be so sure?"
"Because I'm your little sister and I'm always sure"

I take her hand "I miss you so much Gracie"
"I miss you too but I'm always here Dani, always watching over you and this little one"
"You would have been an amazing auntie"
"I know. And I expect you to tell him or her all about me"
"I will I promise"
"Good. Be happy big sister. You deserve it"
I smile and pull her into a big hug, we hold each other tightly until she whispers into my ear.
"Wake up Dani"

I shoot up and see Chris standing there watching me "are you okay?" He asks and I nod smiling.
I walk towards him and cup his cheek, pulling him down into a passionate kiss and he moans against my lips. As I pull away he smiles
"What was that for?"
"Because I love you" I take his hand and place it on my stomach "and I love him or her"
"I love you both too"
He kisses me again "what were you doing out here?"
"I've been having trouble sleeping but I'm okay"
"Why didn't....."

I shake my head "I'm okay. I......I spoke with Grace again"
"You did?"
"Yeah. I know it sounds stupid but....."
"It doesn't sound stupid Dani. I'm glad you have a way to speak with her"
"She told me to stop worrying because your family is my family and there going to love this baby no matter what"
"She's right"
"I know. I know she is"
He smiles down at me and kisses me softly, I truly did believe it. Gracie was right and I was actually excited to tell the family now.