Graduation

Dani POV

Today my baby sister was graduating, she was studying to become a doctor and will start her internship at the hospital in 2 weeks. She has worked so hard for this and I'm so happy for her. I sit waiting for her name to be called, Chris and Scott next to me. My leg is bouncing up and down with nerves and I can't help but feel a little anxious. Chris must sense it as he places his hand on my leg to calm me down.
"Thanks Evans"
"No problem matthews"
I smile, we have a strange friendship but I would be lost without him.

Grace is called onto the stage and we all stand and cheer for her, she smiles and waves up at us and I feel the tears falling before I can stop them. Chris places his arm around me and hugs me close "well done Dani"
"Me? This was all her"
"Without you, she wouldn't have been able to do this"
I smile "I'm so proud of her"
"Me too"
Scott is holding my hand and we all look to grace fondly. It's crazy how important she has become to these two, 3 years of knowing them and we are like a family. Even there mum and sisters love us and we love them. Family isn't always blood.

2 weeks later

"Do you have everything?"
"Yes dani I do, I'm going to be fine"
"I know I'm just going to miss you so much"
"I'm going to miss you too but you have Chris and Scott and the rest of the Evans crew you'll be okay"
"I know but I won't have you"
She hugs me close and I feel my self tearing up.
"I'm just a phone call away okay. I love you"
"I love you too"
"I will call when I get there"
"Okay. Please be safe"
"I will I promise"

She drives away leaving me behind, I'm so proud of her and everything she has achieved but I'm sad because she is leaving Boston and I'm alone. I don't do well on my own and she knows that but I have to strong for her. I'm just settiling down when I hear my door open, I know instantly who it is because he always lets himself in.

"Hey matthews"
"Hey Evans"
He sits down beside me "she gone?"
I nod and he sighs, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close.
"You okay?"
"Yeah. She said she said goodbye to you all yesterday?"
"Yeah she popped by, was very emotional. I didn't like it"
I laugh "yeah me either"
"You know your going to be okay right"
"Hmmmm Im just going to miss her is all"
"Me too"

We snuggle down and decide on a movie marathon for the day. We order food and snacks and I enjoy having a day to relax. Around midnight I must have fallen asleep, as I open my eyes I see I'm lay on top of Chris and I groan. I sit up and hear my phone buzzing. I quickly grab it realising it's probably grace letting me know she got there okay. I quickly answer it, the voice on the other side is soft and precise.

I don't hear much after the words "your sister and accident......she continues with im so sorry......"
And in that moment my world crumbles, chris is sat up watching me as I feel my legs give out and I fall to the floor. He rushes to me and hold me close as I scream at the top of my lungs. My baby sister is dead and my life is over.