Lets talk

Dani POV

I called Scott when I got home and he asked me to go round to the house they are staying in, there having a get together for Chris's birthday. I actually have a gift for him, something me and grace bought way before grace died and I don't know if it's a good idea to give it to him or not, or if he will even take it from me. I'm going to take it with me anyway and if he throws it back in my face then I'll just have to except that. As the taxi pulls up to the house I start to get really nervous. I hadn't really thought about how it would feel to see them again.

As I walk in I see Scott and Chris talking, Chris doesn't look happy and I have this feeling it's about me. Scott looks over and notices me and waves, so I walk over and say hi. Scott hugs me but Chris doesn't.
"So glad you could come Dani"
"Yeah me too. Happy birthday Chris"
"Thanks Dani"
I grab his gift from my bag and hand it to him. "You didn't have to..."
"No. Me and Gracie bought this for you, a few weeks before she died. So..."
I see the sad look on his face and he nods slowly "thank you"

He shocks me by wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close. I melt into him as I always have done. He is my comfort and my safe place. As he pulls away, he looks down at me and smiles "you look good dani"
"You too"
"I'm going to go get a drink does anyone want anything?" Scott asks
"Beer please" both chris and I say at the same time. As Scott walks away I feel the awkwardness grow.
"Can we talk?" Chris asks and points to the yard. I nod and follow him out.

"I just wanted to apologise for how I was, if I seemed off or anything."
"It's okay. Was kind weird seeing you guys again"
"Yeah was a big shock"
"Chris I'm sorry I just left. I didn't know what to do, with Gracie and what you told me I just couldn't handle it all"
"I get dani, you had to leave and it seems to have done you well right? Great job, new boyfriend"
I shake my head "he isn't my boyfriend chris, it was a first date"
"You don't have explain dani"
"I know I don't"
He nods "what about you? Seeing anyone?"

He shakes his head "no. Haven't really had the time you know"
"Right of course. Marvel. How's that going?"
"Good. We start the final chapter of cap in 2 weeks"
"Wow. That came round quick"
"Yeah it did. Looking forward to being back on set you know"
I nod "an escape?"
"Yeah. Which reminds me you and grace, you were going to...."
"Oh. Right yeah."
"It's okay. You don't have too I can just tell them..."

"No. I mean......If it's still okay, I would like to come to set?"
"You would?"
"Yeah. But if you don't...."
He pulls me in to another hug, leaning his head on mine as my arms wrap around his waist,
"I would love if you would come"
I smile softly "I missed you Evans"
He sighs and holds me closer "I missed you more matthews"