Moving

Chris POV

It's been a week since everything happened with Dani and she won't answer my texts or calls. So today I'm going round and we are going to sort this out. I never wanted to make her feel guilty or bad for not feeling the same way I do, I just wanted to be honest with her. As I pull up to the house I notice a van outside, I see people bringing out furniture, I quickly park the car and rush out. I see dani standing in the kitchen she is on the phone, when she looks up I see the shock on her face.

As she hangs up she walks over to me "Chris what are you doing here?"
"What's going on dani?"
She sighs "I'm moving"
"Moving? Where?"
"New York. I have a new job and I need to move there"
"What? Dani If this is because..."
"It's not Chris. I was offered a promotion and I took it. I can't stay here anymore chris, being surrounded by Gracie's things and memories I need a clean break. From......from everything"
"Including me?"
"Chris...."

"No okay you can't just leave. We need to talk"
"There isn't anything to talk about Chris, you told me how you feel and I hurt you, I was a complete selfish bitch and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"
"Dani that's not...."
"Yes it is. Chris trust me okay it's better for everyone if I just leave"
"Why? Would Gracie want this for you? For
You to just run away"
"I'm not running away, I'm finding my happiness else where"
"Dani...."
"Please Chris, just let me go"

I shake my head "I don't think I can"
"Yes you can. You deserve someone so much better then me. Without me here you can move on and find them"
"I....."
She wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly "thank you for being the most epic best friend I have ever had. Thank you for taking care of Gracie and me and thank you for loving me even when I can't love you back"
She kisses my cheek, looks around and sees her empty house before walking away, climbing into her car and driving. She's gone. And I don't know what to do.

Dani POV

As I watch Chris get smaller and smaller in my mirror, I can't stop the tears that fall. The truth is I didn't get a promotion I asked my boss to move me to the New York branch. I couldn't stay in Boston anymore. Anywhere I went I would see the places Gracie and I would go and it would kill me every time. Seeing Chris and Scott and the family reminded me of all the times they have taken care of me and Gracie and how they treated us just like family. I couldn't take it anymore, knowing Chris was in love with me too I just needed to be able to get away and breath and try and move on.

I know Gracie would be pissed at me for running, but right now running is the only way I can stay sane, if I stayed in Boston any longer I'm scared of what I might do, to myself or to someone I care about. I just need to find a new life, one without grace and one far away from the Evans family who have always saved me from myself and my demons.