Decision

Chris POV

"I'm sorry Chris"
"So your saying if she doesn't improve or wake up in the next week, your turning off the machines?"
The doctor nods "her brain isn't showing activity right now, the machines are doing most of her breathing for her. It would be cruel for us to leave her this way"
"But there is a chance things could change right?"
"It's hard to say. I'm really sorry"
He walks out and leaves me to think about his words, I can't loose Dani. She has to wake up and I'm certainly not making the decision to turn off her machines.

As I walk back to her room, I see a man standing outside her room.
"Can I help you?"
He doesn't turn around he just walks away, it's very strange. As I walk inside I see my Ma and Scott sitting where I left them.
"What did they say?"
After explaining, my mum and my brother both cried, they had the same feelings as me, we weren't ready to say goodbye to her. Once everyone had calmed down, we made the decision that Scott and Ma would go home for a little while and get some sleep: I decided to stay, I've missed her and I want to spend some time with her.

6 days later

"Come on Dani, you have to wake up please" I beg at her bedside, the same place I've been the last 6 days. We are running out of time and I don't know what to do. I hear the door open and I figure it's my mom or Scott coming in so I don't bother to question it. I feel someone's hand on my shoulder and as I turn I see him. He's here and he's holding a knife.
"Jack?"
"Chris. Nice to see you again"
"What are you doing?" I hold Dani's hand a little tighter.

"Taking what's mine"
"Jack......she was never yours"
"You...." He points the knife at me "you don't know. You didn't care enough about her. I do"
He focuses on dani and I don't know what to do, if I panic and do something stupid he could hurt her or me.
"Jack please. Don't do this"
"She's dying"
I figure telling a white lie would probably be helpful right now "yes she is. We are turning the machines off tomorrow"
He shakes his head "if only she hadn't of run from me"

I look at him confused "what....."
"It was me. I hit her. Didn't mean to make such a mess but....."
"You? You did this to her"
"Yes. I figured if we couldn't be together in life then we could be together in death. But then you showed up and ruined my plans"
"Jack..."
He places the knife at her throat "she loves me I know she does"
"Please....."
I get closer to dani and he swipes the knife at me, catching my arm. I hiss out in pain snd see blood drop onto Dani's hand.

"Stay away from her"
He pushes the blade down, not quite piercing the skin, he looks up at me with clouded dark eyes "you will never touch her again"
Just as he is about to push the knife, I hear commotion at the door and security rush in, pinning him to the floor. A nurse runs to me, wrapping my arm in a bandage.
"How did you....."
The doctor looks down at Dani and smiles, I follow his line of sight and see those beautiful brown eyes staring back at me. Dani was awake and she pressed the panic button just in time.