Worries

Chris POV

I'm just loading the dishwasher when I hear the door open, I look and see Scott walking in. He smiles and pats my back
"Hey bro"
"Hey. What you doing here?"
"Just wanted to pop round and see how Dani is doing?"
"She's just in the bathroom at the moment"
"How she feeling?"
"Sick, tired and bloated. I don't know what to do to help her"
"Nothing you can really do Chris, maybe talk with your doctor"

We had a scan done a few days ago just to confirm the pregnancy and to have us on the records so we could book in our other appointments. Since then Dani has been distant and I didn't know if she was having second thoughts.
"You okay Chris?"
"Yeah"
"Come on. Talk to me"
"I don't know I think Dani might be having second thoughts"
"Why?"
"She was so excited when we had our talk and then since the appointment she's just been really distant"

"You said it yourself Chris she is tired and feeling sick all the time she probably doesn't know what to do with herself"
"Yeah I guess"
"When are you booked in for your next scan?"
"We have a 12 week scan in 7 weeks time and before then they did say we could have another one at 8 weeks. She is currently 5 weeks"
"I'm so excited! Another niece or nephew" he squeals.
"You haven't told mum have you?"
"No of course not. I promised I wouldn't"
"Thanks Scott"

I hear shuffling coming down the hallway and as I look up I see Dani walking in.
"Hey Scott" she smiled but I knew her and that was her usual smile.
"Hey. How you feeling?" He asks as he wraps his arms around her"
"Tired but ok"
"Why don't you go sleep?"
"Tried but keep feeling sick"
She really did look so pale and a lot of her favourite foods were making her sick right now.
"What's that smell?" She asks and I look at her confused.

"Sorry. I went to the bakery before coming here. I can get rid if you want me too?"
She shakes her head "no it's actually smells good"
He opens the bag and pulls out a lot of baked goods. I see her eyes light up when she sees the chocolate filled crossiants.
"Do you want one?"
"No I can't. You bought them...."
"I can always buy more" he hands her the crossiant and she takes a small bite before letting out a groan.

"Nice?"
She nods "so nice" she continues to eat and once she's finished I hand her some water, she takes small sips and smiles up at me. I gently kiss her lips "how is that feeling?"
"Okay. Really okay actually"
"That's good."
She leans up and kisses my lips and as we break apart I hear Scott groan "okay. That's just too cute I'm going. Have a good day"
"Bye Scott"

"Are you okay?" I ask and she nods
"Dani?"
"I'm just worried"
"Worried about what?"
"What your family will say?"
"Dani, they love you they are going to be so excited. Scott is practically jumping off the walls"
"What if they think it's too soon?"
I cup her cheeks "it's not up to them. It's up to us, do you still want this?"
"Yes of course"
"Then that's all that matters okay"

She nods and I kiss her softly "I really want another one of those crossiants"
I can't help but chuckle "get comfy and I'll go grab you some"
"Thank you"
"Your welcome"
I quickly grab my phone and wallet and walk towards the door before I hear "love you" and it makes me smile so much.
"Love you too"
I think everything is going to be okay, I think we are going to be okay and I think our baby is going to be more than okay.