Accidents

Dani POV

I don't know how long I've been walking around and I don't really even know where I am. I've been going over and over Scott's words in my head and he's right, since the attack I've been stuck to Chris's side. We've been sharing a bed, we've been cuddled up on the sofa more then we would normally and when I'm in his arms it's the only place I feel safe. I didn't realise Chris was still in love with me, I thought that he would have moved on, he was so angry with me when he saw me in New York for the first time again and so I just figured......god Im so stupid.

Im so lost in my thoughts that I don't check the road before crossing, I don't see the car driving towards me, I don't hear the beeping from the horn or the people shouting at me to move. I don't hear or see a thing until im on my back, unable to move and I can hear the panic from the people around me. My eyes slowly closing as the pain and the darkness takes over, the last thing I hear is a voice, a voice I know.

Chris POV

I see Dani walking down the sidewalk, im calling her but she doesn't seem to hear me, she comes to crossing but doesn't look and the next thing I know I see a car run straight into her. I run as fast as my legs can take me towards her, she laying on the road, her leg looks broken and she is bleeding from her head.
"Oh god! Dani can you hear me?"
She looks up at me but doesn't seem to recognise who I am.
"Dani it's Chris, im going to get you help okay"

She doesn't acknowledge me, she doesn't say anything. I see her eyes drifting closed but I shake her to keep her awake while I phone for an ambulance.
"Come on Dani, keep those eyes open for me please"
I hold her hand tightly and wait for the paramedics to come. Everyone around us, is standing and staring in horror.
I hear the sirens and then im surrounded my paramedics.
"What's her name sir?"

"Her name is Dani"
They nod and move me away so they can start checking her injuries. Once they determine she is okay to move, they place her on a stretcher and wheel her into the ambulance.
"Are you coming sir?"
"Yes"
I send a quick text to Scott to go and grab my car and meet me at the hospital, I don't give him any other details. If it wasn't for him, this wouldn't have happened.

Scott POV

I rush to hospital once I have Chris's car, as I get there I see him sitting down, he has blood on his shirt.
"Chris?"
He stands up and pushes me against the wall, holding me by my shirt.
"I swear to god if she doesn't make it out of this I will kill you myself"
"What happened?" I say shrugging out of his grip
"She was so upset she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking and she walked out into a busy road. She was knocked down, it looks like a broken leg and a head injury plus god knows what else"

I stand shocked "Omg! I didn't......I never meant...."
He shakes his head "you just couldn't keep your mouth shut could you?"
"I was just trying to protect you"
"Really? Is this protecting me? My heart is breaking knowing she is in here and I don't know if she will survive or not. I don't feel very protected Scott" he sighs "ring Ma let her know what's happened"
I nod and walk out of the hospital, taking my phone and dialling mums number. As soon as I hear her voice I breakdown and tell her exactly what has happened.